- BC Games
Connect with Us
Blackberry found at boat launch near Terrace
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 26 calls for service from June 18th, 8 AM till June 19th, 8 AM. During the same time period there were five people lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- A diamond plate dry box in the back of a white Ford F-150 parked at the Coast on Lakelse Ave was pried open during the night of June 17/18. Nothing was stolen but the damage to the box was extensive.
- A dog going nuts left in a blue 1982 GMC truck parked at the Cold Beer and Wine Store on Greig Ave.
- Two young children left in a running silver Chevrolet car parked at the Northern Savings Credit Union.
- Police observed an intoxicated man sitting on a planter in the Brolley Square. The 72 yr old man was arrested.
- Intoxicated man kissing the wall of business on Park Ave. Police observed an intoxicated boy exhibiting unusual behavior in the alleyway behind Park Ave. The 16 yr old boy was arrested.
- False business alarm on Eby St.
- Hit and run in the Safeway parking lot. Under investigation.
- Break and enter to an apartment on Scott Ave. Stolen items were an Xbox 360, a laptop MacBook Pro, and cash.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a shoplifter. The shoplifter resisted arrest and assaulted the LPO. Police arrested a 26 yr old woman. Charges of theft and assault are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Police pulled over a blue 1982 Chevrolet truck on Keith Ave/Molitor St. The 68 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Intoxicated woman asked for a ride from a passing motorist and when denied spit in his vehicle. Police located a 30 yr old woman matching the description a short distance away and arrested her.
- Abandoned 911 call. Police attended to a residence. A person could not be found needing police assistance.
- Possible impaired operator of a motorcycle on Keith Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- Mills Memorial Hospital request police assistance with a patient.
- Boys on the roof of Uplands School. Police spoke with the boys.
- People yelling near Legion Ave. Checks were done of the area.
- Abandoned 911 call in the area of Haugland Ave/Tetrault St.
- Harassment complaint. Police spoke with a woman and gave advice on the matter.
- Suicidal 19 yr old woman.
- Attempt theft of alcohol from the Northern Motor Inn Cold Beer and Wine store. The man was arrested by civilians and held for police. Police arrested the 22 yr old man and he is held for court. He was in breach of a condition of not to be outside of his residence when consuming alcohol.
- Assist Kitimat RCMP with sexual assault investigation.
- A blue 2008 Dodge Ram struck a moose on Hwy 37 South. The moose suffered serious injuries and was dispatched by a passing motorist who had a shotgun. The Dodge sustained front end damage. No injuries.
- Found Blackberry near the Kitsumkalum boat launch around noon yesterday.
- Assist BC Ambulance with a suicidal 41 yr old man.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.