- BC Games
Connect with Us
Door opener used to steal items from garage
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 100 calls for service from June 13th, 8 AM till June 16th, 8 AM. During the same time period there were twenty one people lodged in Terrace Cells. Fifteen of these people were lodged for intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- Theft of an engine head from a yard in behind a house on Hwy 16 east. Under investigation.
- A man in a grey Ford F-150 truck drove southbound on Sparks St on the wrong side of the road, passed a lineup of stopped traffic, then disobeyed traffic control person when was told to stop. The truck nearly ran over the flag person then continued down Munthe Ave. Under investigation.
- Staff of the Skeena Mall arrested a shoplifter. Police arrested the 43 yr old man. He is banned from the mall.
- Man attempting to steal from a store on Lakelse Ave. He left after a store employee recovered the items. Police arrested a 41 y old intoxicated man matching the description a short distance away.
- Theft of a blue Sector 9 long board with light blue wheels and a palm tree logo on it. Attempts are being made to sell the stolen long board on Facebook. Under investigation.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a girl for shoplifting. Police arrested the 17 yr old girl. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Staff of Safeway arrested a woman for shoplifting. Police arrested the 37 yr old woman. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Suicidal woman. Police apprehended a 31 yr old woman under the Mental Health Act and transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Loss Prevention Officer of Walmart arrested a woman for shoplifting. A second shoplifter ran away. Police arrested the 35 yr old woman. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel and a warrant is being sought for the accomplice that ran away.
- Police conducted checks on two people in the area of Copperside on Kalum St that appeared to be avoiding the police. The woman provided a name to police that came back to a condition to abstain from the consumption of alcohol so police arrested the woman for breach. The woman then fessed that she had lied to police about her name so police arrested the woman for obstruction. Checks determined that the woman had a warrant for her arrest out of Prince Rupert. Police arrested the 21 yr old woman on the outstanding warrant. An amount of drugs was seized from her person.
- Man passed out in the washroom of a restaurant on Lakelse Ave. Police were able to wake the intoxicated man up after numerous attempts. Checks determined that the man had a warrant for his arrest. The 28 yr old man was arrested.
- Domestic dispute. A man assaulted a woman causing minor injuries. Police arrested a 33 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- The driver’s side window of a blue 2007 Dodge truck parked on Queensway Dr was smashed out sometime during the night of June 13th. A GPS unit and some tools were stolen.
- A black Honda Civic was pulled over for going 144 km/hr around the corner of the carwash rock on Hwy 16 west. The 17 yr old driver was driving his mom’s car. The vehicle was impounded. The driver and his 18 yr old passenger caught a ride back to town.
- Police pulled over a green 2002 Ford F-150 parked in the parking lot of the curling rink. The 42 yr old driver was issued a driving suspension. An amount of drugs and alcohol were seized. The vehicle was impounded.
- A blue 1991 Ford Mustang hit the ditch on Hwy 16 east near the 84 km marker. The 19 yr old driver suffered minor injuries and was close to ending up in the Skeena River. The vehicle sustained major damage and was towed.
- Police arrested a 72 yr old woman and a 43 yr old woman for drug trafficking in a dial a dope operation in a parking lot of a motel on Hwy 16 west. An amount of cash and drugs were seized. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Theft from a blue 2002 Mazda Protégé parked on Munthe Ave. The thief is described as a heavy set and balding man riding a beige bike and wearing a red backpack. The thief fled towards Kalum Hill from Munthe Ave. Stolen was a black 80 GB IPod.
- The window of a white 2001 Dodge Ram parked on Sparks St was smashed out on the night of June 14/15 between 10 PM and 1:30 AM. A first aid kit was stolen.
- Police pulled over a white 2008 GMC truck on Hwy 16/Hwy 37. The 29 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Theft of a white 2008 GMC truck, BC LP #HK4117 from an impound lot on Substation Rd.
- Domestic dispute. Investigation determined that the noises heard were coming from a man yelling at himself in a mirror. Police apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Man passed out in front of the Arena. Checks determined that the man was in breach of condition of not to be outside of his residence if having consumed alcohol or being intoxicated. Police arrested the man. The man uttered threats to kill and harm the police officer and his family. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Black leather wallet containing various cards and ID was lost at the Husky Gas Station.
- Two trucks dumping tires over the bank and onto the sand bar/river bank near Copper River FSR/Hwy 16. First truck described as dark blue with a company name printed on the side. The second truck is an older model two ton Ford truck with a blue stipe. Checks were done. The information is to be passed on to Fisheries.
- Numerous complaints back and forth between a man and woman on cheating, annoying texts, and Facebook activities. Police spoke with the people involved. Not a police matter.
- A grey 2001 Ford F-350 struck a moose on Hwy 16 east of Terrace at the 217 km marker. The moose died as a result of injuries it received. The truck sustained major front end damage. The driver suffered minor injuries.
- Theft from an unlocked grey 2009 Toyota Tacoma parked on McConnell Ave. Access was also gained to the garage using the garage door opener that was in the vehicle. Items stolen were: an orange Huskavarna chainsaw with
Jameswritten on the handle, case of foam earplugs, a Timex watch with a black face and orange band, two pairs of Safety glasses, case of Red Bull, garage door opener, Sirius Satellite radio, and miscellaneous papers.
- An off white 1994 Subaru SVX all-wheel drive with no plates was stolen sometime between 9 PM and 3 AM the night of June 15/16 from Lakelse Ave. The top of the vehicle is black, there is rust on the driver’s side, and the windshield has a big crack.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.