Ambulance theft attempted in Terrace, B.C.
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 60 calls for service from June 9th, 8 AM till June 11th, 8 AM. During the same time period nine people were lodged in Terrace cells. Five of these people were lodged for intoxication.
- Man doing drugs on Lakelse Ave. Police spoke with the man.
- False cellular 911 call.
- Intoxicated woman causing problems at a residence on Park Ave. Police arrested the woman. She was exhibiting concerning behavior so was transported her to Mills Memorial Hospital to be assessed. She was then lodged in cells.
- Uttering threats investigation.
- Man passed out on Greig Ave. Checks were done of the area. A short while later police observed an intoxicated man stumbling down Lakelse Ave that matched the description provided. The 28 yr old man was arrested.
- Intoxicated man in a yellow shirt attempting to steal alcohol from the BC Liquor Store on Eby St. The man had shoved the bottle down the front of his pants but it fell out of the pant leg. Checks were done of the area.
- Safeway employee arrested a man for shoplifting. Checks determined that the man was on probation for a similar occurrence and was in breach of probation conditions of not to go near Safeway. Police arrested the 41 yr old man. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- False business alarm on Eby St.
- Child sitting on the lap of a passenger in the rear seat of a green Ford Focus leaving the Safeway parking lot. Checks were done of the area.
- Police observed a man walking and not getting out of the way of traffic on Lakelse Ave/Emerson St. Checks determined that the man had a warrant for his arrest out of Burnaby. The 31 yr old man was arrested.
- Police observed a woman known to police walking on Lakelse Ave. Checks determined that she had a warrant for her arrest out of Prince George. The 34 yr old woman was arrested.
- Theft of a wallet containing various cards and ID from an unlocked white Honda Pilot parked at a residence on Labelle Ave during the night of June 8/9.
- Assist New Hazelton RCMP with document service.
- Computer scam. A man received a phone call from person claiming to be from Microsoft stating that problems were identified with his computer. The man gave the caller remote access to his computer. The caller then asked for payment. The man called the Microsoft help line who advised that they do not call or email people in this fashion. Police discussed the situation with the man.
- False residential alarm on Mountain Vista Dr.
- Theft of Canadian Tire money from a truck. Under investigation.
- Breach of a Condition Sentence Order by failing to abstain from the consumption of alcohol. Police arrested a 30 yr old woman and held her for court.
- Request for police to stand by and keep the peace while a man collects personal belongings from a residence.
- Domestic dispute. No offence committed. A 23 yr old man left for the night till cooler heads could prevail.
- Overdue traveller. She made contact with police a short time later. She was fine.
- A grey 2007 Mazda truck was pulled over on Eby St. The 27 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. An amount of drugs was seized.
- The driver’s side window of a silver 1999 Honda Civic parked on Cramer St was smashed out.
- Woman walking in the middle of Kalum St. Checks were done of the area.
- Noise complaint on Kalulm St. Police spoke with a group.
- A traveller failed to check in with a family member. He checked in a short time after police were called.
- A white 1999 Kenworth truck backed into a brown 2003 Mazda Protégé. Both vehicles were parked at the stop sign at Hwy 113 and Hwy 16. The Mazda sustained minor front end damage. No injuries.
- A boat motor was stolen from a business on Keith Ave.
- A man living in the bushes near a school on Sparks St jumping out and scaring the youth. Checks were done of the area.
- A brown 1987 Ford Truck was pulled over on Eby St/Hwy 16. Police observed a man and woman switch seats in the vehicle as police pulled in behind them. There were numerous Motor Vehicle Act violations. The vehicle had numerous infractions as well and a notice to have the vehicle inspected was issued.
- A warrant was issued for a 37 yr old woman failing to comply with probation.
- A man stumbled in front of a police vehicle on Haugland Ave. Police arrested the 57 yr old man.
- Police observed a man on the opposite side of the railing of the new bridge on Hwy 16. Police spoke with an 18 yr old man and a 20 yr old woman who was with him.
- Abandoned green Ford Explorer in a parking lot on Walsh Ave. Police contacted the registered owner who had sold the truck but did not ensure the registration was changed over.
- Intoxicated man in a wheelchair refused entry into the shelter. Checks were done of the area. Police assisted the man in getting his wheelchair up and over a curb so he could get off the road and onto the safety of the sidewalk.
- Breach of a no consume alcohol condition. Checks were done and the man was not bound by any conditions. Unfounded complaint.
- Erratic driver in a green F150 truck with white writing on the back window on Kenney St. Checks were done of the area.
- Speeding motorcyclist on Kalum St. Checks were done of the area.
- A man making threats to do the same thing that happened in Moncton. Police apprehended the 47 yr old man under the Mental Health Act and transported him to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment.
- Erratic driver in a small green car near the Skeena Bridge.
- Domestic dispute. Investigation determined that a 15 yr old girl does not want to follow the rules of the house. Unfounded complaint.
- A man not welcome in a home. He left prior to police attendance.
- A thief attempted to steal an ambulance from a contracting yard on Hwy 16 East. Attempt was made to drive the ambulance through the gate. Damage to the fence and ambulance totaled in the thousands of dollars.
- A woman called police and was screaming into the phone to get a man out of her house. Police spoke with the people involved. No offence committed. An intoxicated woman was transported to an alternate accommodation till sobriety could prevail. She returned to the residence a short time later and started to cause problems again. The 38 yr old woman was arrested.
- False business alarm on Crescent St.
- ATV being driven on Clark St. Checks were done of the area.
- Erratic driver in a blue 2005 Subaru Forrester on the Sande Overpass. Checks were done of the area.
- DNA order was executed.
- Assist the Canada Firearms Center with two reviews.
- Assist Dawson Creek RCMP with document service.
- Clothing was turned in the detachment. Police were unable to give it to its owner.
- Erratic driver in a green Dodge Neon on Hwy 37 near Onion Lake.
- A grey 2006 Pontiac Pursuit lost control and hit the ditch on Kalum Lake Drive. Under investigation.
- Intoxicated woman banging on a door and refusing to leave. The woman left prior to police attendance. Checks were done of the area.
- A man shot a dog. Investigation determined that dog was aggressive.
If you have information about crime contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online atExternal link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.