- BC Games
Connect with Us
Coquitlam Public Library book bus badly damaged in fire
Coquitlam Public Library was evacuated for a few hours Saturday to let smoke clear after its book bus caught fire for no apparent reason.
Sprinklers quickly doused the blaze that appeared to have started in the engine or electrical system of the 22-year-old vehicle. However, Coquitlam firefighters had to use special fans to direct smoke away from the library and mop up the fire that badly damaged the bus used to bring books to parks and under-serviced areas in the city.
CPL will look at temporary measures to provide books to Cottonwood and Burke Mountain neighbourhoods, The News was told.