News

Fire damages home on New Year's Day

An electrical panel and meter that had been tampered with caused a fire in a home on McCallum Road on New Year's Day, according to Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service.

Fire crews responded at about 5:30 a.m. to the home in the 2700 block of McCallum Road. When crews arrived, they found a fire inside the wall of the home and quickly brought it under control.

The power to the home was cut to remove the hazard. The scene was turned over to the Abbotsford Police Department for further investigation.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.