- BC Games
Connect with Us
Abbotsford man charged with distributing child porn
A 30-year-old Abbotsford man has been charged with distribution of child pornography and possession of child pornography.
Joshua Lee Farren was arrested Dec. 3 following an investigation that began in late October by the Abbotsford Police Department's major crime unit.
That investigation led to the execution of a search warrant at an east Abbotsford home on Nov. 22, when police seized several computers, CDs, DVDs and other materials.
Const. Ian MacDonald said the arrest was the work of a "diligent detective."
"He went out searching for any evidence that would lead us to find users, in the city of Abbotsford, people who were distributing or possessing images of child sexual abuse – and he found one."
Farren is next scheduled to appear in Abbotsford provincial court on Jan. 6.
He has been released from custody under the following court-ordered conditions:
– not to possess or consume alcohol or any controlled substance;
– not to possess or use any electronic device capable of accessing the Internet;
– not to contact or communicate with anyone under the age of 18;
– not to engage in any activity that involves contact or communication with anyone under 18; and
– not to be in any place where minors are expected to be such as parks, school grounds, daycare centres, swimming pools, playgrounds and recreation centres.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text abbypd (222973).