- BC Games
Connect with Us
Debit card used after PIN info was left in lost wallet
The Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 119 calls for service from December 5th, 8 AM till December 9th, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been sixteen people lodged in Terrace Cells. Nine of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A green 2003 Ford Windstar was driven over a log and stuck in the ditch Keith Ave/Molitor St. Police spoke with the 49 yr old driver and he was issued a 24 hour driving suspension. The vehicle was impounded. Police have requested the assistance of another agency with this situation.
- A white 2003 Ford Crown Vic was bumped by a brown 2001 Subaru Forrester and sustained minor damage at Keith Ave/Kalum St. Confusion caused by traffic congestion as a result of the Tim Horton’s line up was believed to be the main factor in this incident. No injuries.
- A brown bifold leather wallet containing cash, various cards and ID was lost. The debit card was used to make various transactions. The PIN had been written down on paper and stored in the wallet with the debit card. Police gave advice on the matter.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement requested police assistance with a blue 2011 Ford Truck they had pulled over. The 55 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A 27 speed orange
Norcomountain bike with full suspension and front and back disc brakes was found on a property on Straume Ave.
- A 30-06 rifle with ammunition was seized during a traffic stop of a red GMC Sierra truck near Rosswood on Hwy 113. The driver was unable to produce proper documentation for the gun.
- A motor vehicle collision on Old Lakelse Lake Dr and Thornhill St involving a blue 2007 Chevrolet Silverado truck. The driver suffered minor injuries. The vehicle sustained major front end damage and was towed. Under investigation.
- A grey 2003 Pontiac Grand Am was westbound on Halliwell and failed to stop at the stop sign to Kalum Lake Rd. The vehicle hit the ditch and rolled. The 25 yr old driver was uninjured.
- A yellow and white Sthil chainsaw was stolen in an area north of Mountain Vista Dr. The man had been cutting a tree when the chainsaw ran out of gas. He set the chainsaw down and when returned 15 minutes later it was gone.
- A green 1996 Mazda MPV was pulled over in the rear alley behind the Best Western Hotel. The 52 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. She was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- Domestic dispute. A 53 yr old man was arrested for mischief. Firearms were seized. Under investigation.
- 911 call. It was a domestic dispute. A man and woman were intoxicated and not cooperative with police. Injuries were observed on the woman. The woman was transported to an alternate accommodation for the night. Under investigation.
- A 31 yr old man and 25 yr old woman passed out in the pharmacy of Save On Foods. Police caught up to the pair each passed out in separate washrooms at McDonald’s and arrested them for public intoxication.
- Theft of an Ipod from an unlocked pickup on Graham Ave. A suspect was identified. Police attended to his residence on Tetrault St and recovered the Ipod.
- Domestic assault. A man shoved a woman. She fled into Save On Foods to call police. When she went back outside the man grabbed her again and attempted to get her phone away. The man left prior to police attendance. Police transported the woman to a residence. Under investigation.
- Impaired driver in a grey 2012 Chevrolet Sierra. Police pulled the vehicle over on Hwy 16 in front of the weigh scales. The 30 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in fails. She did not have a driver’s licence and was currently suspended. The vehicle she was driving was impounded. Further investigation determined that the woman had outstanding warrants for her arrest. Police located the woman at George’s Pub and arrested her. She was also in breach of an undertaking. She was remanded for court December 9th.
- Impaired driver in a white 2012 GMC Sierra truck that left Boston Pizza parking lot. The man was intoxicated to the point of falling down while walking to his truck. Police located the 49 yr old man at his residence and spoke with him.
- A white 1998 Ford F150 was checked in a road stop on Hwy 16 near Ferry Island. The 37 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Northern Motor Inn security staff requested police assistance with an intoxicated man who attempted to flee without paying his tab. The man bit security personal when he was being taken into custody. Police arrested the 50 yr old man for assault and public intoxication.
- A vehicle was pulled over for going 132 km/hr in a 50 km/hr zone on Hwy 16 at Munroe St. The driver was 33 yrs old. The brown/red 1994 Buick he was driving was impounded for excessive speed.
- A white 2005 Chevrolet truck was pulled over near Agar Ave/Molitor St. The 31 yr old driver provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in a warn. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Police pulled over a green 2001 Ford Taurus on Queensway Dr. The 22 yr old driver had a class 7 N driver’s licence with restriction of zero alcohol. He provided a sample of breath into a roadside screening device and alcohol was detected. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- Domestic assault. A man grabbed a woman by the hair, shook her, threw her to the ground, and then kicked her in the chest. The man and woman were intoxicated and not cooperative with police. Police arrested a 34 yr old man for assault.
- Sexual assault investigation. A 38 yr old man was arrested. He was released on an Undertaking with conditions then arrested an hour later for breaching those conditions by attending a location. He is held for court.
- A red 2001 GMC Sierra was pulled over on Hwy 16/Frank St for going 117 km/hr in a 60 km/hr zone. The driver was 53 yrs of age. The vehicle was impounded for excessive speed.
- Break and enter at Mills Memorial Hospital sometime between December 5th and December 7th 5 PM. A TV and electronic equipment were stolen.
- A grey 2009 Jeep drove over an embankment at the Ferry Island Campground off Hwy 16, sustaining major damage. The driver and passenger suffered minor injuries and were treated by BC Ambulance. The 33 yr old driver refused to provide a sample of breath into a roadside screening device. He was served an Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
- A grey 2001 Chrysler Sebring lost control on Hwy 37 at the 36 km mark and hit the ditch. The 54 yr old driver was taken to hospital by BC Ambulance for treatment of injuries received. The vehicle was towed.
- People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.