THE Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 32 calls for service from December 2nd, 8 AM till December 3rd, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been nine people lodged in Terrace Cells. Six of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- BC Ambulance requested police assistance with a 57 yr old patient.
- False business alarm on Lakelse Ave
- Pitbull running loose near Veritas School on Straume Ave. The Terrace Bylaw Officer was notified.
- Unresponsive man in the baseball dugout on Haugland Ave. He left prior to police attendance. Police spoke with city ,aintenance workers about the garbage left behind in the dugout.
- Found credit cards were returned to their owner.
- A man attempting to pick up a vehicle he purchased but there is no sign of this transaction having taken place. Police transported the 92 yr old man to his residence.
- Assist Dawson Creek RCMP with warrant execution.
- Suspicious circumstances. A man cannot remember anything from an evening. Under investigation.
- Motor vehicle incident on Kerr St/Hwy 16 west. No injuries. The vehicle sustained major damage.
- Child Luring/Distribution and Possession of Child Pornography investigation.
- 911 hang up at the Terrace Arena. Police attended and nobody was in distress. A witness observed children playing near the phone.
- An intoxicated woman causing a disturbance in an apartment on Kalum St. Police arrested a 38 yr old woman. She was acting in an irrational manner. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital to be assessed and then back to cells.
- During investigation of another incident police spoke with a man in the area of Gair St. He was on conditions to not consume liquor. The 19 yr old man was arrested for public intoxication and breach of probation.
- An intoxicated man acting irrationally and not wanted in a residence. Police arrested a 32 yr old man. He attempted to trip the police officers and resisted arrest. Police are requesting the assistance of other agencies to assess this situation.
- False residential alarm on Blakeburn St.
- An Acer Iconia tablet was found near the 5000 block of Kenny St on October 21st.
- Harassing text messages. Police spoke with the people involved and gave advice on the matter.
- False commercial alarm on Kalum St.
- Suicidal 16 yr old boy. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital by BC Ambulance.
- Abandoned green Ford parked on Kirkaldy St. Police had the vehicle towed.
- Three calls received regarding an intoxicated man near the Costa Lessa Hotel. Police arrested a 43 yr old man for public intoxication. He was linked to the abandoned vehicle.
- Argument between a man and woman on Simpson Cr. Police located the man in the area. An offence was not committed.
- Airport security confiscated a spike collar from a traveler.
- Breach of a no contact order. Police gave advice on the matter.
Two environmental health officers were harassed and intimidated while attempting to check a sewage system on Brauns Island. Under investigation.
- A local barber was intoxicated. The person attempting to get the haircut made the prudent decision to forego the haircut. Checks were done and the barber shop was closed.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.