- BC Games
Connect with Us
Three arrested after man points shotgun
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 104 calls for service from September 20, 8 AM till September 23, 8 AM. During the same time period there have been 21 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Thirteen of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A woman freaking out inside of a residence. An adult and child locked themselves in a bedroom for safety. Police found the 20 yr old woman amidst cut up furniture and a trashed living room. She was arrested for breaching a condition of to leave a residence when requested. She was not cooperative. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. Charges are not being forwarded in this matter.
- Break and enter on Scott Ave. Unfounded. It was determined that the man trashed his own place while under the influence of intoxicating substances and did not remember.
- An IPhone was lost at Christy Park washroom on September 10.
- Fight in the Skeena Mall. A 50 yr old woman reported that she was assaulted by a 45 yr old woman. Police reviewed video footage and determined that the primary aggressor was the 50 yr old woman. Charges are not being forwarded.
- A grey 2002 Mazda Protégé and a red 2011 Ford F150 truck collided on Munroe St/Hwy 16. The Mazda sustained major damage and was towed. Minor damage to the Ford. The driver of the Ford suffered minor injuries.
- A grey 1989 Jeep Comanche truck was checked on Clark St. The 54 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A 31 yr old man was asked to leave the Northern Pub. He grabbed a shotgun from his truck, cycled the action, and pointed the gun in the direction of an employee of the pub. Police arrested three men. Investigation ongoing.
- Man passed out in the driver’s seat of a running white 2007 Chrysler 300 parked in the Northern Motor Inn parking lot. After much difficulty police were able to wake the 39 yr old man up and arrest him. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- Police checked a black 1994 GMC Sierra truck parked unsafely on Hwy 16 near Walmart. Both of the occupants of the truck did not have driver’s licence and the vehicle was obstructing traffic. The vehicle was towed.
- A black Blackberry Bold was lost somewhere in Terrace on September 21st.
- Police checked a black Dodge truck travelling west on Hwy 16 near Ferry Island. The truck did not have valid insurance so it was pulled over and towed.
- House and vehicle fire on Hamer Ave. Police attended and found a van fully engulfed in flames. Terrace Fire Department attended and put the fire out. Under investigation.
- Police observed a youth walking Veritas School grounds clutching a laptop. Investigation led police to arresting the 17 yr old boy for possession of stolen property. He was released to a parent. Investigation ongoing.
- Vandalism to a residence on Straume Ave on the night of September 21st. The driver’s door of silver Pontiac Sunfire was damaged. There was also damage to the gutter of a shed and a gate. Under investigation.
- The rear passenger window of silver Ford Explorer was smashed out while parked on Scott Ave. Loose change was stolen.
- Theft from an unlocked blue 2008 Ford Escape. An extension cord was stolen and found a short distance away.
- Fight in the Esso gas station. A man demanded that a woman give him a belt. When she refused he assaulted her. Police arrested a 21 yr old man.
- A bike described as a Specialized Dyno Glide, single speed, black and white in color, chrome fenders, and a wire front basket was stolen from a residence on Sparks Street between midnight and 1 AM on September 22nd.
- A red 2012 Ford Escape was checked during a road check on Hwy 113. The 59 yr old driver provided two samples of breath into a roadside screening device that resulted in warns. He was issued an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Break and enter to a residence on McBride Ave sometime between September 19, 9 PM and September 22nd, 9:30PM. Alcohol was stolen.
- Missing 41 yr old hitchhiker. He was en route from Terrace to Prince Rupert.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at External link, opens in a new windowwww.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES). If your information leads to an arrest you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.