Connect with Us
Two arrested after fight inside of a house
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 98 calls for service from February 15, 8AM till February 18, 8 AM. During the same time period there were eighteen people lodged in Terrace Cells. Thirteen of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A 25 yr old man supplying alcohol to minors outside of the Coast Liquor Store. Police were conducting checks of the area looking for the man when a call came in of an unconscious man in a parking lot on Greig Ave. It was the man police were looking for. He was arrested for breaching conditions of not be outside of a residence under the influence of alcohol and not to consume alcohol. BC Ambulance transported the man to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. Police then returned the man to the Terrace Cells. Albert Elmquist has been charged with Breach of Recognizance, Breach of Probation, and Breach of Undertaking and was remanded to February 19th.
- A 8 GB black IPhone was lost in the Shopper’s Drug Mart parking lot on February 13.
- Two snowboards were lost on February 15 on Hwy 16 between Terrace and Shames Mountain. One board was a white Prior split board with stripes. The second board was a regular Prior board with a totem pole design on it.
- Deceased 51 yr old man at a residence on Smittys Place Rd.
- A window was broken at the Happy Tree Company on Lakelse Ave by vandals.
- Fight inside of a residence on Kalum St with a three yr old present. Police arrested an intoxicated bleeding 17 yr old girl for breaching a no consume alcohol condition. The girl became belligerent and began to chew on her arm. Police took control of the girl to prevent her from further hurting herself. She screamed false accusations and attempted to bite, kick, and escape police during the encounter. Police also arrested a 22 yr old woman who was found hiding under a knocked over wardrobe. She was intoxicated and was having difficulty keeping her clothes on. She had an outstanding warrant for mischief out of New Hazelton. Police have advised the Ministry of Children and Families.
- A woman driving an older model black Sunfire slammed on the brakes in the middle of Hwy 16 fifty km east of Terrace and yelled at a passing motorist that she was being assaulted. A second call was received that a motorist had picked up a woman in the same location and dropped her off in Thornhill. The woman had stated that a guy in the vehicle had threatened to kill her and took off with her car and purse. The woman did not want to talk to police and only wanted to walk to a friend’s house. Police located the woman walking on Old Lakelse Lake Dr. She was uncooperative despite continuous efforts to get more information and would not provide any further details. Follow up with the callers was conducted. Despite numerous attempts a criminal offence could not be substantiated.
- Vandalism to a business on Lakelse Ave. A window was broken.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).