Connect with Us
Police seize van following collision
From 8:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2012 to 8:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2012, Terrace RCMP responded to approximately 68 calls for service. 18 people were arrested and lodged in cells during the same period. 14 of those 18 were arrested for public intoxication.
- an intoxicated male was aggressively panhandling at Skeena Mall. Police found him passed-out in the snow, arrested him for public intoxication and lodged him in cells.
Elsewhere in Terrace
- Police responded to a call of two males fighting. One of the males was arrested for breaching his court imposed conditions and lodged in cells.
- Police were called for two men fighting on Lazelle Ave. One male was transported to the hospital for minor facial injuries.
- Police were called to a residence for a suicidal male. Police peacefully apprehended the male under the Mental Health Act and transported him to the hospital for observation.
- Police attended a single vehicle rollover on Krumm Rd. There was no serious injury and bad road conditions were the likely cause.
- A male, who was asked to leave a New Years party at a private residence, went to his vehicle and aggressively drove it towards some people. He then reversed over a male’s legs before driving away. Police are investigating.
- A white van was seen being driven aggressively on Hwy 16 between Prince Rupert and Terrace. Near Terrace the van hit another car from behind causing it to spin out of control into the ditch. The driver of the white van did not stop. The van was later located by police and seized as evidence. The suspected driver was questioned. Police are still investigating.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250) 638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS. Or a Tip can be left anonymously online at www.bccrimestoppers.com