- BC Games
Connect with Us
Police officer uses snow shovel to solve a situation
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 28 calls for service from December 10, 8 AM till December 11, 8 AM. During the same time period there were 5 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Three of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
- damage to a door of a storage building in an alley parallel to Greig Ave. Occurred during the night of December 1 / 2. Under investigation.
- intoxicated man bothering people near the Coast on Lakelse Ave. Checks were done of area.
- intoxicated person by the Coast. Checks were done of area.
- domestic dispute. Under investigation.
- a person’s driveway was blocked by inconsiderate plowing. Police spoke with the people involved. The situation was resolved when the police officer borrowed a shovel and cleared the driveway.
- missing 15 yr old girl. Police spoke with her mother who knew where she was and was making arrangements for her to return home.
- information was received of possession of stolen property. Under investigation.
- assault investigation involving a teacher and student at Parkside School. Police spoke with the people involved.
- man panhandling at the Real Canadian Wholesale. Ongoing problem with this person. Police arrested the 21 yr old man. Police spoke about this situation with other people about ways to prevent reoccurrence in the future.
- people drinking in a residence on Haugland Ave and the homeowner does not want them there anymore. Police arrested a 33 yr old man on outstanding warrants. A 35 yr old man was transported to the damp shelter. A 36 yr old woman was transported to her residence. A 48 yr old man left for the hospital.
- missing 13 yr old girl. Ongoing issue. She never went to school. Police located the girl sitting in McDonald’s and advised her to let people know where she was.
- an intoxicated man attended Mills Memorial Hospital demanding to be looked at by a doctor. When he was refused service he threatened to shoot the doctor. The 48 yr old man was arrested. Under investigation.
- a man passed out behind the steering wheel of a car on Kalum St. Police located a grey Ford Taurus. The man failed to wake up to emergency lights and horn. After knocking on the window for a period of time the man awoke. A family member was called to come and assist the man.
- two intoxicated people at the damp shelter causing problems. Police arrested a 45 yr old woman and a 47 yr old man for public intoxication.
- man and woman arguing at a residence on Pear St. Checks were done of area.
- suicidal 47 yr old woman. Police spoke with the intoxicated woman who stated she was not suicidal. Police were called back a short time later and apprehended the woman under the Mental Health Act. She was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital via BC Ambulance.
- false business alarm on Walsh Ave.
- false 911 call from a business on Desjardins Ave
- theft of an amount of jewelry. Under investigation.
- false 911 call from a residence on Walker St
- ongoing harassing issues. Police gave advice on the matter.
- 911 call. A person said
come and get methen hung up. Police spoke with the person who dialed the number, who claimed it was a mistake, and ensured her safety.
an intoxicated man at a person’s door. When he was asked to leave he became angry and tore off a down spout.
- a woman locked herself in a bathroom after a familial dispute over clothing on Queensway Dr.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at 1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).