Connect with Us
Locked in an embrace, couple's vehicle swerves onto sidewalk
The Terrace RCMP have responded to approximately 68 calls for service from November 30, 8 AM till December 3, 8AM. During the same time period there have been 11 people lodged in Terrace Cells. Eight of these people were lodged for public intoxication.
Here are some of the calls responded to:
- A Toyota Camry was pulled over 48 kms East of Prince Rupert on Hwy 16 going 178 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone. The 43 yr old driver was issued a violation ticket and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- Mills Memorial Hospital requested police assistance with the apprehension of a 58 yr old man.
- Report from Onstar of a black Hummer HS off road south of Williams Creek Bridge on Hwy 37. It came into contact with a concrete road barricade and ended up on its side against a tree. The 28 yr old driver was pinned inside due to the tree. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for assessment. He was uninjured. The vehicle was dealt with the next day due to the location it was in.
- A man selling drugs at the Spirit Nightclub. Police arrested the 20 yr old man for possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking. An amount of drugs was seized. He is banned for life from the club.
- Police were flagged down by a motorist who directed them towards a grey Chevrolet Tahoe that was swerving all over the road. Police caught up to the Tahoe but prior to emergency equipment being activated the Tahoe pulled up onto the sidewalk on the 4800 block of Lazelle Ave. Police approached the vehicle and observed two people in an amorous embrace in the driver’s seat oblivious to police presence. After numerous attempts the driver finally became aware of police presence and rolled the window done. She refused to provide a breath sample. The 54 yr old driver was issued an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
- A brown Ford F-150 was pulled over on Greig Ave near Sparks St. The 43 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device. He was currently suspended from driving. He was arrested for driving while impaired. He provided two samples of breath that were almost three times the legal limit. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- At a roadblock on Lakelse Ave two drivers were issued Immediate Roadside Suspensions. A green 2004 Ford F-150 was checked. The 25 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device and was given an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. A black 2011 Ford F-350 was checked. The 40 yr old driver failed a roadside screening device and was given an Immediate Roadside Prohibition and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- An intoxicated man was kicked out of the Northern and trying to get his way back in. The 27 yr old man was arrested for causing a disturbance.
- A black 1996 Chevrolet was checked on Hwy 16/37. The 37 yr old driver was served a driving prohibition as directed by databanks.
- A man passed out in his blue 2002 Dodge Ram truck in a driveway on Newell Ave. The man had been back and forth between banging on the doors and windows of the residence and his truck. Police located the 31 yr old man. He failed a roadside screening device. He was served an Immediate Roadside Suspension and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
- A man dumped a person’s garbage at an address on Kalum St. Police followed footprints in the snow to another unit and observed an intoxicated man being evicted due to his level of intoxication. The man was arrested for mischief and public intoxication.
- Deceased 53 yr old woman on Kerby Ave.
- Domestic dispute. A 28 yr old man was arrested for assault. He was transported to Mills Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries received prior to the domestic dispute. He was released on a Promise To Appear with conditions. Charges are being forwarded to Crown Counsel.
- A red 2000 Oldsmobile in the ditch on Hwy 16 West of Terrace near Carwash Rock. The driver and three passengers were transported to Terrace by a passing motorist. No injuries.
- Abandoned 911 call with a female heard in the backing ground apologizing. Police attended to the location which was 45 km from town on poor road conditions. A 13 yr old girl had a temper tantrum over family rules and threw chicken at a parent. Police spoke with the girl.
- A blue 1998 Chevrolet Lumina was observed by police parked in a suspicious manner behind Canadian Tire. Police detected the smell of marihuana when the driver and passenger approached the police. The 18 yr old driver was arrested. An amount of drugs was seized. The driver was issued a driving suspension.
- Two snowmobilers missing in the south Douglas area.
People with information on crime are asked to contact the Terrace RCMP at (250)638-7400 or anonymously through Crime Stoppers by telephone at
1-800-222-TIPS, online at www.terracecrimestoppers.ca or by texting TERRACE plus your message to 274637 (CRIMES).