Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Learn a language with Pronunciator
• Learn a new language with Pronunciator: Choose from these thousands of online language courses including ESL courses for 50 languages. Includes interactive movies, scored quizzes and virtual coaching. Access Pronunciator free from home or work with your library card. Find it on our Good Online Stuff page. For help call the information desk at 604-937-4144.
• I Was Told There’d Be Cake: We are always interested in having new authors (and readers) for the CPL’s blog iwastoldtheredbecake.wordpress.com. If you would like to share your thoughts with the blogosphere write a book, DVD or CD review or anything else you have found at the library. Keep the review to about 300 words maximum and use an informal styles. Submissions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Global Road Warrior: Planning a trip? Researching a project? Don’t know where to start? Access reliable travel information from the comfort of your home through Global Road Warrior. Visit the database link found under the Digital Content tab on www.fvrl.ca and click on Travel/Geography. You can access Global Road Warrior at the Terry Fox Library or log in at home with your library card and four-digit PIN number. Students will find facts, maps, religion, society, culture and much more. Visit the Terry Fox Library and learn how to explore the world.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Shark Week: Make sure you visit the library during Shark Week — it’s going to be Jawsome! Celebrate Shark Week at the Library from August 11 to 15 with daily crafts, science activities, and contests for all ages. Kids can join us for Shark Hour from 3 to 4 p.m. for special activities and events every day this week. On Monday, Aug. 11 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. we will be featuring shark-tastic Mythbuster episodes and TED Talks. On Friday, Aug. 15 from 7 to 9 p.m. we will be showing the hilariously terrible movie Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark.
• Summer Twilight Tales and Special Sleepover for Stuffed Animal Friends: Drop in for stories, songs and games for ages zero to six at the library’s Twilight Tales program. This week, bring along a stuffed animal for a special stuffie sleepover. Animal friends can enjoy storytime, then kiss their owners goodnight before they settle in for a late-night library rumpus. Kids can come back the next day to collect their friends and find out what kind of bookish shenanigans they got up to on their night out.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.