Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Summer reading clubs for all ages
• Join the Coquitlam Public Library’s Summer Reading Club for a chance to win a new E-reader. Register at our exciting summer kickoff on Saturday, June 28 or any time after June 2 at either library branch. The kickoff party starts at 10 a.m. with registration at the Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex, followed by a show at 10:30 a.m. It continues at 2 p.m. with registration at our City Centre branch, followed by a show at 2:30 p.m. Children receive a special kit to keep track of their reading and, if they read for 49 days this summer, they’ll be awarded a collectible medal.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Breakfast of Books for teens: Now that school’s almost out, what’s on your reading list? Find out about the hottest new books and enjoy a tasty breakfast on Fox from 10 to 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 3.
• Teen Summer Reading Club meet-up: Kids 12 to 19 years of age can discuss books, play games and meet new people at a weekly meet-up — snacks will be provided — hosted by the Terry Fox Library’s Teen Advisory Group. Drop by Tuesdays, July 8 to Aug. 12, 4 to 5 p.m.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Summer Reading Club: Registration at the library for this year’s Summer Reading Club has now begun. The theme this year is “Funny Business.” When you sign up, you will receive a booklet in which to record your favourite books and collect weekly stickers to track your reading. Members can drop in to amazing PMPL programs and kids who have read for 50 days or more over the summer will receive a gold reading club medal at a special ceremony Sept. 6. As well, kids from 12 to 18 years can find information about the online Teen RC on the PoMo library website.
• Adult Summer Reading Club: Why should kids have all the fun? In addition to the popular kids’ Summer Reading Club, PMPL is launching Port Moody Reads for adult readers. The club runs through Aug. 31 and anyone 19 or older can join. Pick up an entry form at the library and start reading; drop off a short review and enter to win prizes.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.