BOOKS PLUS: Get crafty, get digital, get reading, get a job
• Parade craft event: On Saturday, May 31, show your reading spirit and make a fun craft to bring to the Port Moody Parade. Join librarians in PMPL’s ParkLane Room from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kids six years of age and older can also register to dress as their favourite character and walk with the library in the parade on June 21.
• Let’s Get Digital: Have you been entrusted the important task of making a slideshow for the next wedding, retirement, birthday or anniversary party? Join librarians in the ParkLane Room on May 28, 7 to 8:30 p.m. for “Look, Ma! I created a slideshow!” Bring along five photos and start building your slideshow. No registration required but space is limited.
• Book sale blowout: Stock up on some great summer reading material at the book sale blowout on June 6 (5 to 8 p.m.) and June 7 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.). You’ll find a large selection of gently used books for kids and adults at bargain prices. Saturday from noon to 3 p.m., anything that’s left goes for just $5 per bag. The sale takes place in the Port Moody Civic Centre’s Galleria lobby, next to the library entrance.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
You can introduce kids to the love of books and language with storytime. Children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes, and more. Storytime prepares children to learn to read.
• Storytime at the Market: Find Fox librarians at the Port Coquitlam Farmer’s Market at Leigh Square on the second Thursday of the month, 4 to 4:30 p.m.
• Storytime at the Library: Third Saturday of each month, 11 to 11:30 a.m.; Wednesdays, July 2 to 30, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.; or the first Wednesday of the month, 6:45 to 7:15 p.m. — kids can wear their pyjamas and bring a stuffie.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Interview skills: Are you looking for a job, just starting out in the working world or wanting to try a new career? Gillian Kirk of Avia Employment Services will lead two free classes next week on interview skills: City Centre branch, Room 127, May 27, 2 to 3:30 p.m.; and Poirier branch, Nancy Bennett Room, May 29, 2 to 3:30 p.m. To register for these programs, leave a message on the CPL registration line: 604-937-4155.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.