- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Board games, quiz night
• Family storytime: Join librarians for stories, songs, finger plays, and rhymes for the whole family. Share a special moment with your child that will encourage their imagination and build a lifelong love of reading on Saturdays, April 5 to May 24, 11 to 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 to 2 p.m. No registration needed, just drop in.
• Mouse skills: If you need to learn how to use a computer mouse, this is the class for you. Librarians will go over the proper way to move the mouse, click, scroll, and more using exercises designed to teach and improve these skills. The class runs Thursday, April 10 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Poirier branch. Registration is required for this free program, as space is limited. Call the reference desk at 604-937-4144 to register.
• Quiz night: Friends of Coquitlam Public Library Society hosts its annual quiz night fundraiser at the City Centre branch; doors open at 6:45 p.m., quiz goes from 7:30 to 10 p.m. You can participate in teams of eight — either form a group with seven friends or sign up individually and you’ll be placed with a team. Tickets cost $25 and include food, coffee and a chance to win a door prize. For information or to buy a ticket, call 604-937-4130. Proceeds support literacy projects for children and adults living in Coquitlam, and the city’s new library.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Board games: Celebrate International Table Top Day tomorrow (Saturday) by dropping in to play games at Port Moody library. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you can demo award-winning games, including Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Tsuro and more. Kids, teens and adults can test new co-operative games and brain teasers from the Village Toy Shop, and a toyologist will be on hand at 11 a.m. to discuss the best games for younger players. Play the library’s games, or bring your own to join in the fun. Info: tabletopday.com.
• Get to know your iPad: You are the owner of an iPad. If you haven’t had a chance to explore your new device or don’t know where to start, bring your iPad to PoMo library Tuesday, April 8, from 2 to 3 p.m. and librarians will explore the basics. No registration required.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• TAG, you’re it: Fox’s Teen Advisory Group (TAG) advises and helps to plan and develop teen-oriented programs and services. TAG members organize programs for teens, volunteer as reading buddies and help with other library events. Meetings are fun and always include snacks. As well, TAG membership looks great on resumes, job and college applications, and volunteer hours are granted for attending monthly meetings and volunteering at library events. membership is open to all teens. If you’d like to join, visit the library to pick up an application or attend the next meeting on April 15 from 7 to 8:30 pm.; registration is required. In addition, Teens @ FVRL is an online space where teens can find book reviews, library happenings and other fun stuff. Find it on Fox’s Facebook page. And be sure to check out the homepage for more information and access to our other social media channels and interactive catalogue.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.