Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Parenting info, board games and movies at Tri-City libraries
Books Plus runs in The Tri-City News each Friday to highlight programs and happenings in the Tri-Cities’ three libraries: Coquitlam Public Library, Port Moody Public Library and Terry Fox Library in Port Coquitlam.
• Be the Fun Parent, Not the Friend: Parents of children aged one to four years are invited to a program featuring Lisa Bunnage, a parenting coach with BratBusters Parenting Services, on Saturday, April 5, 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the City Centre branch and on April 12, same time, at the Poirier branch. To register for this free program, leave a message at 604-937-4155.
• The Steps of St. Paul: Next Wednesday, April 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Poirier branch (Nancy Bennett Room), Derek and Vidya Sharma will share slides of their recent tour of the Mediterranean, where they retraced the places and sites visited by the Apostle Paul on one of his Christian ministries in the first century. To register for this free program, leave a message at 604-937-4155.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Board Games for Everyone: Celebrate International Tabletop Day on Saturday, April 5 by dropping in to PMPL to play all sorts of games. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., you can demo award-winning games, like Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, Tsuro and more. Kids, teens and adults can test out new co-operative games and brain teasers from the Village Toy Shop; a toy-ologist will be on hand at 11 a.m. to discuss the best games for younger players. Play the library’s games or bring your own to join in the fun. For more information, visit tabletopday.com.
• Library Spring and Summer Event and Program Calendar: Check out what’s happening at Port Moody Public Library this spring and summer by picking up a copy of the calendar at the library, or look online in the Programs and Events section at library.portmoody.ca
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Pyjama Storytimes: Tuck into a story at the Terry Fox Library — children and caregivers will be entertained with stories, songs, rhymes and more. Kids are encouraged to wear their pyjamas and bring their favourite stuffie. Join librarians on the first Wednesday of each month, 6:45 to 7:15 p.m.
• Kids’ Day Off Movie Matinee: Looking for something to do on pro D day? Got to Fox library on Friday, April 11 for a free movie matinee from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Call the library to find out which movie is playing.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.