- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Spring break fun abounds at libraries
• Stories and songs for people with developmental challenges runs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on March 21 and 28 in the Nancy Bennett Room at the Poirier Branch. This program is for people with developmental challenges (of all ages) and their caregivers. Community Services Librarian Teresa Rehman will tell stories and lead the group in song. To register, phone 604-937-4155. For more information, phone Teresa at 604-937-4157.
• Persian New Year: Celebrate and learn about Norouz, the Persian New Year, on Monday, March 24 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the City Centre branch. In a program presented by CPL and SUCCESS, you’ll have Persian snacks, hear traditional music and more. All ages are welcome and admission is free. To register or for more information, contact SUCCESS at 604-468-6000 or email@example.com.
• Resumes and cover letters: Gillian Kirk of Avia Employment Services will help you, whether you are just starting out in the world of work or wanting to try a new career. This free program runs Tuesday, March 25 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in Room 127 at the City Centre branch. To register, leave a message at 604-937-4155. More programs from Avia Employment Services will be hosted in the spring.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Spring Break Crafternoon: Librarians have the supplies, you supply the talent on Friday, March 28, 1 to 3 p.m. Everyone is welcome — and make sure you wear clothes you can get messy.
• Children’s author: Port Coquitlam author Janet Love Morrison will be at Fox to share her new book, Radar the Rescue Dog, based on the true story of a rescue dog that saves skiers in the Whistler backcountry. All ages are welcome Thursday, March 27, 2 to 3 p.m.
• Storytime: Introduce kids to the love of books and language with Storytime, where children and caregivers will enjoy interactive stories, songs, rhymes and more. You can drop in on the third Saturday of each month, 11 to 11:30 a.m., or Fridays, April 4 to 25, 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.
For more information, visit fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Spring Break fun: Port Moody kids aged six to 12 years of age can drop in to the library for crafts, games, movies and more during spring break. From Monday through Thursday until March 27, kids can have fun with librarians from 1:30 to 3 p.m. in the ParkLane room while parents relax with a book or magazine in the library. Choose your favourite day: crafts on Monday, board games on Tuesday, on Wednesday activities around book characters, or movies on Thursday — or drop in for the whole set. Space is very limited for this free program and signup is first come, first served at the door.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.