- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Art displays, tech café and TAG, you’re it
• On display: At the City Centre branch, Coquitlam artist Jamie McCarthy’s pop culture-inspired digital art prints and tiny costume replicas can be seen in the display cases. At the Poirier branch, Coquitlam resident Ann Tsang’s clay sculptures are in the medium of Japanese pan-flower clay. Display cases at both branches are available for local artists and crafters to exhibit their works. For more information and an application form, go to the library website.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Tech Café: Sit down with one of PMPL’s friendly and knowledgeable teen volunteers for free one-on-one help with your basic computer questions. Drop in to the ParkLane Room on Fridays through March 7 between 4:30 and 6 p.m. for help with a variety of technology basics such as email, smartphones, texting, eReaders, Microsoft Office and more.
• Share English practice groups for adults (drop-in): Want to improve your English? Then come to the library’s ParkLane Room on Fridays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Join other English learners in this free program put on by Share Family and Community Services. Participants will get to practise speaking English, make new friends and find out about your community. Call Share at 604-936-3900 for more information.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Teen quiz night: Bring your completive spirit to the Terry Fox Library for Teen Quiz Night, a free event on March 20 from 7 to 9 p.m. featuring snacks, prizes, fun and more. Form a team or come alone. Contact the library for more information.
• TAG: Terry Fox’s Teen Advisory Group advises and helps to plan and develop teen-oriented programs and services. TAG members organize programs for teens, volunteer as reading buddies and help with other library events. The meetings are fun and include snacks, and TAG membership looks great on resumes, job and college applications. Volunteer hours are granted for attending monthly meetings and volunteering at library events. Membership is open to all teens. If you would like to join, attend the next meeting — March 18, 7 to 8:30 p.m. — or visit the library to pick up an application. Registration is required.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.