- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Books on how to land a job
• Hidden Job Market: Whether you are just starting out in the world of work or wanting to try a new career, Gillian Kirk of Avia Employment Services is here to help. To register for this free program, which is held at the City Centre branch on Tuesday, Jan. 28, between 2 and 3:30 p.m., please leave a message on our registration line (604-937-4155). More programs from Avia Employment Services are expected to launch in the spring.
• E-Mail Class: You must already know how to scroll, click, and use the address bar to go to a website. You should also only take this class if you do not have an email account. In this class, which will be held at the City Centre branch on Feb. 6 between 10:30 and 11:30 a.m., we will all sign up for an account on gmx.com and you will also learn how to send, receive, and reply to an email. Registration is required for this free program, as space is limited. Please call the reference desk at 604-554-7330 to register.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Moving mom and dad: Helping family move to a retirement community, assisted living or long term care facility? Join Susan Borax and Heather Knittel on Thursday, Jan. 30 at 7:00 pm to learn simple and practical downsizing strategies. Space is limited so please call 604-469-4577 to reserve a seat.
• Special evening storytime to celebrate Family Literacy Day: Families are invited to celebrate Family Literacy Day at an evening storytime Tuesday, Jan 28, between 6:30 and 7:00 p.m. Come in pyjamas for relaxing stories and songs and enjoy a special pre-bedtime treat. Spending time reading together is the best way to support your child’s reading success. Let the library connect you with great books, music and more. No registration is required for this free, drop-in program.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• British Columbia wine: Looking for wine suggestions? Can’t decide between a Chardonnay and a Riesling? The B.C. wine industry is expanding and with that expansion there are a variety of wines to learn about and explore. Join us for a presentation about B.C.’s wine industry and discover how it grew from humble roots to being the economic driver of the Okanagan tourism industry. The event takes place on Jan. 29 between 7 and 8 p.m. and everyone is welcome.
• Some cheese with the wine: Have your intellectual and gastronomical cheese curiosity satisfied by the family-run Golden Ears Cheesecrafters. Discover how the Davison family got into the cheese business and sample some of the different cheeses. This event will be held on Feb. 25 between 7 and 8 p.m.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.