- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Travel the world and become an expert on cruising
• Crusing: Join local cruise expert Barbara Young as she takes a group of people on a journey through time from the beginnings of the cruise industry through its evolution from a necessary form of transportation to the modern day industry that takes passengers on their dream vacations. Learn how getting to your destination is half the fun during a discussion at the Terry Fox Library on Jan. 20 between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Registration is required.
• All aboard: Is your travel partner reluctant to take a cruise because they think they’ll be bored? Shipboard activities have changed a lot and the Terry Fox Library is inviting people to come find out how at their Welcome Aboard! event on Monday, March 10, between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Registration is required.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.
• Library Winter 2014 event and program calendar now available: Check out what’s happening at Port Moody Public Library in 2014 and get a head start on planning your activities. You can pick up a handy copy of the calendar at the library or look online in the programs and events section of the library’s website at library.portmoody.ca.
• Need help keeping your New Year’s Resolution?: From losing weight to getting organized to learning something new to stopping smoking, tips, tricks and plans are all available at the library.
• “Express” DVDs: Port Moody Public Library now has extra copies of hot new movies that you can get without the wait. These copies aren’t available to be put on hold and only go out for three days so you will find different titles whenever you are in the library. The next time you visit, check the great new movies on the shelves.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• eBooks for Newbies: Did Santa bring you an eReader or a tablet for Christmas? Learn how you can access eBooks for free through Coquitlam Public Library on Jan. 10, 2:30 to 4 p.m., in the City Centre branch’s learning centre. This hands-on session will teach you how to search for library eBooks and download them to your device or computer. Bring your Coquitlam library card, charged eReader or tablet, and connection cables with you. To register, phone 604-554-7336 and leave a message with your name, number and device type; or email email@example.com.
• Displays at the library: At City Centre branch, Coquitlam artist Diane Moran’s “Moran’s Mixed Media Memories” exhibit, featuring clay and paper mache sculpture. At Poirier branch, needlework, including cross-stitch, knitting, beading and creations by members of the Coquitlam Needle Arts Guild.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.