- BC Games
Connect with Us
COASTAL LIVING: Curb appeal improves home's first impression
Homeowners who want their homes to make strong first impressions must prioritize curb appeal. Homes with strong curb appeal sell well and can impart a welcoming feel to all visitors. Improving curb appeal need not be expensive, and the following are a handful of ways to improve the appearance of your home.
- Install a bold-looking door in a vibrant color or one with a custom design. This helps the home stand out from other properties in the neighborhood.
- Edge the driveway to create a distinct border between the driveway and the lawn or other landscaping features. This helps homes appear neat and well kept.
- Use outdoor lighting to make a home more inviting.
- Clean a home’s exterior to remove mildew or discolorations from the siding, driveway or patio.
- Improve landscapes with fresh plants and seasonal color. Homeowners without the time to plant can consider container gardens, which don’t take much time to assemble but still add appeal to a home’s exterior.
- Prune planting beds and add new mulch to restore color.
- Add shutters and accent trim to a home’s exterior to improve on the beauty of the house.