- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: First, music and baking; then, New Year fun
• Christmas concert: Get into the spirit of Christmas at the City Centre branch with the Emanuel Romanian Baptist Church Choir on Tuesday, Dec. 17, 7 to 8 p.m. Led by director Sorin Tepes, the choir will ring in the season with carols in both Romanian and English, ending with Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.” The choir is made up of 50 singers of all ages. There is no charge for this program and registration is not required.
• Bake sale: CPL’s Teen Advisory Council hosts a Christmas bake sale from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 23 at the City Centre branch. Shop for home-baked seasonal treats to share with friends and family. Proceeds benefit the Pacific Assistance Dogs Society.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Celebrate the Season: Join your friends and neighbours on Dec. 17 for a fun night of stories, carols and refreshments in the Inlet Theatre and city hall galleria from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Donations for local food banks will be accepted. Be green and bring your own mug for hot chocolate. No registration required.
• Calendar: PMPL’s winter 2014 event and program calendar is now available. Check out what’s happening in 2014 and get a head start on planning activities. You can pick up a calendar at the library or look online in the Programs and Events section at library.portmoody.ca.
• Got a Question? Just Ask: Do you need help getting started on a homework assignment, are you looking for information on a particular topic or are you just curious about something? Try “Just Ask” to chat live online with a librarian and get an answer; the service is available Monday to Thursday (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Friday (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Get started by clicking on the “Ask a Librarian” link at library.portmoody.ca.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Reading Buddies teen volunteers needed: Teens can volunteer as a reading buddy to a child in kindergarten to Grade 3 and help them improve their reading skills. This is also a great opportunity to gain volunteer hours for your community work experience requirement and will look awesome on your resume. Teens in Grades 8 to 12 may pick up an application at the Fox information desk. Teens and little buddies will be reading together Mondays, Jan. 13 to Feb. 24, 3:45 to 4:30 p.m.; registration is ongoing.
• Money Workshop for Teens: It’s never too soon to start thinking about how you will fund your dreams, whether you’re thinking of university, travel or a fancy new car, your dreams usually need money. Join local money expert Brian Hosier from BA Marketing to learn how to make it happen on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.