- BC Games
Connect with Us
BOOKS PLUS: Bestsellers, babies & BOO!
• Beginner internet: If you already feel confident using the mouse, sign up for a free beginner internet class on Oct. 15, 2 to 3 p.m. at the City Centre branch. Learn the basics of the internet and be surfing in no time. Registration is required as space is limited; call the reference desk at 604-554-7330 to sign up.
• Email: You must already know how to scroll, click and use the address bar in a web browser to go to a website to take this free class, and you should also only sign up if you do not have an email account. In this class, to be held Oct. 16 from 2 to 3 p.m. at the City Centre branch, participants will sign up for an account (for free) on Gmail, and will learn how to send, receive and reply to an email. Registration is required as space is limited; call the reference desk at 604-554-7330.
For more information about any of these programs, visit www.library.coquitlam.bc.ca. The City Centre branch is located at 1169 Pinetree Way and the Poirier branch at 575 Poirier St.
• Bestsellers and Award Winners: It’s the season for the big book awards, including the Governor General Award and Scotiabank Giller Prize. Did you know that you can easily access lists of bestsellers and awards winners directly from PMPL’s website? Check out Bestsellers or Awards under the Explore drop-down menu.
• Baby Sing and Learn (drop-in): Parents or caregivers and their children from birth to age 18 months are welcome to drop-in to PMPL’s Baby Sing and Learn sessions on Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings. This is an interactive program of songs, rhymes and stories that encourages bonding and promotes early speech and language development. And there is time for adult conversation afterward. Wednesday sessions are from 2 to 2:45 p.m. and continue to Dec. 11; Thursday sessions are from 11 to 11:45 a.m. continuing to Dec. 12.
• BOO!: For details on the annual Scary story contest put on by Port Moody and Coquitlam public libraries and The Tri-City News, visit library.portmoody.ca.
For more information, visit library.portmoody.ca or call 604-469-4577. Port Moody Public Library is located at 100 Newport Dr., in the city hall complex.
• Crafternoon: Altered Book Workshop: Turn an old library book into a work of art at Fox. You bring your creative juices and librarians will supply the old books and other art supplies. All teens are welcome on Thursday, Oct. 17 from 4 to 5 p.m.
• Stuffie Sleepover: Ever wonder what your stuffed animals do when you’re not around? What would they do if they were left at the library overnight — unsupervised? Come to Fox’s stuffed animal storytime at the Terry Fox Library and tuck your stuffie in for a night at the library; then, follow updates on Facebook to see what shenanigans they get up to. Everyone is welcome on Oct. 22, 6:45 to 7:30 p.m.
For more information, visit www.fvrl.bc.ca or the Fraser Valley Regional Library Facebook page. Terry Fox Library is located 2470 Mary Hill Rd. in PoCo. Phone 604-927-7999.