Falling for Gold Fever Follies
In 1987, a small group of theater enthusiasts, headed by Ray Furlotte, started a musical review based on Rossland history. The show was embellished with local lore, old time tunes and real Cancan dancers from the Boomtown Garter Girls.
Two decades later, the Rossland Gold Fever Follies, headed by local resident and current Follies President Ray Furlotte, are still going strong with original stories from Rossland’s rich gold mining history.
While artistic license is often used, many of the characters are based on real people from Rossland’s past. Such characters have included Judge Begbie, Father Pat, the Hunter Brothers, Olas Jeldness, Big John Kirkup and a whole host of others.
This year’s show goes now until August 27, Tuesday through Saturday with performances at 3 and 7:30 pm at the Miners Union Hall onColumbia Avenue. Tickets are available at the door. More information at www.goldfeverfollies.com.
Most read across BC
- Point Shots: Do the Toronto Maple Leafs want Eric Staal? BC Local News • Oct-15-2014
- Two Surrey students killed in Delta crash Surrey North Delta Leader • Oct-14-2014
- UPDATED: Simushir arrives at Prince Rupert container port The Northern View • Oct-20-2014
- Burnaby dancer off to worlds Burnaby NewsLeader • Oct-10-2014
- Vancouver Canucks' sellout streak to end after 474 consecutive games BC Local News • Oct-17-2014
- Audiences are eager for cocktail comedy Cloverdale Reporter • Oct-14-2014
- Slocan suspect Peter DeGroot is dead Nelson Star • Oct-13-2014
- Police await autopsy results of suspicious death investigation Campbell River Mirror • Oct-20-2014
- Neighbour pans city’s bus-bay plan New Westminster News Leader • Oct-14-2014
- Tragic end to Slocan suspect search Nelson Star • Oct-14-2014
- HBO, CBS launching streaming services to compete with Netflix, Amazon, and the entire Internet BC Local News • Oct-16-2014
- Chilliwack lottery winner now Set for Life Chilliwack Times • Oct-17-2014
- Attempted murder victim shocked by outburst in Chilliwack Court Chilliwack Times • Oct-15-2014
- Teck proposes new settling pond for Sparwood The Free Press • Oct-14-2014
- CUPE responds to Fletcher allegations Comox Valley Record • Oct-15-2014
- Time for truth in B.C. treaty talks BC Local News • Oct-14-2014