Grapevine: Kids’ mountain bike camp next week
• Sunday, Gyro Park 9 a.m. registration for the Kidney Walk in Trail. 2.5K walk starts at 10 a.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.567.8112 ext. 228 to join a walk for one in ten Canadians with kidney disease.
• Tuesday, Trail & District Library at 1 p.m. Natasha Lockey from Kootenay Mountain Bike Coaching is teaching a free summer camp for kids. Bring a bike and learn how to change a tire, maintenance tips and how to ride safely.
• Planning begins for Rossland’s Golden City Days slated for Sept. 5-7. Pick up a parade entry form at the Rossland Chamber of Commerce or email email@example.com. Plan to build your outhouse and enter the outhouse races. Contact Mike at 362.5244 for info. Start collecting unwanted items for a community white elephant sale on Sept. 7. If your group would like to organize and host an interactive family-friendly event, contact Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thursday, Gyro Park at 7 p.m., Kootenay Savings Music in the Park presents Sunshine Drive, a rocking funky blues quintet. Bring a lawn chair, toonie donation requested.
• Aug. 28, KSCU Music in the Park presents the Old-Time Fiddlers with Walter Crockett.
• Aug 29, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• Sept. 4, Royal Theatre, 7 p.m. the National Theatre Live presents Medea. Medea faces banishment and separation from her children. Cornered, she begs for one day’s grace. It’s time enough. She exacts an appalling revenge and destroys everything she holds dear.
• Sept. 5, VISAC Gallery in downtown Trail opens Ingrid (Baker) de Jong’s exhibition of 30 semi-abstract paintings titled, “Something Different.” For info call 364.1181 or email email@example.com
• Sept. 8, Tickets on sale (until Nov. 14) for the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital Health Foundation’s Snowflake Gala on Nov. 22. Five-course dinner, champagne reception, music, dancing and silent auction in support of the Critical Care Campaign. Call 364.3424 for more information.
• Sept. 13, Royal Theatre 11:30 a.m. for a live production of BBC’s Last Night of Proms. Sakari Oramo directs his first Last Night of the Proms, joined by powerhouse Dutch violinist Janine Jansen.
• Sept. 14, Gyro Park 9 a.m. registration for The Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research. 10 a.m. mass start, 9-11:30 a.m. Kiwanis breakfast, all proceeds to run. Firemen’s tug-of-war.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org