Arts abound in Enderby Saturday
Those driving along the highway north of Vernon, or languishing on the Shuswap River, may want to get out of their cars, or their floating devices, and check into Enderby Saturday.
Presented by the Enderby and District Arts Council, the Enderby Arts Festival is a free family event that runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along Cliff Avenue and Belvedere Street.
The event features artisans showing their wares, all-day musical entertainment, an exhibition featuring photo contest entries in the Courtyard Gallery, a Lions pancake breakfast, food court, art auction of fine prints, a drum circle and much more.
“We have over 40 artisan booths and about eight non-profit booths, including the Enderby and District Garden Club, The Lower Shuswap Stewardship Society, Shuswap Spinners and Weavers and others,” said Diana Inselberg, vice-president with the Enderby and District Arts Council.
New this year is the Family Fun Zone in Belvidere Park, put on by the Enderby Community Resource Centre.
The zone will feature a bouncy castle, magician, cartoonist, face painter, art stations and other activity stations from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
“The Enderby and District Arts Council is really pleased to have the Enderby Community Resource Centre as a partner for this event,” said Inselberg, adding it takes approximately 20-to-25 volunteers to put on the main part of the festival, with more volunteers helping in the Family Zone.
“Armstrong’s Kassidy Kleef, Miss Teen Canada’s 2014 national delegate, will be coming out to help out in the kids zone.”
Musicians performing on the entertainment stage, located in front of the library on Cliff Avenue, include bands Transplant and Sabrina Weeks and Swing Cat Bounce, as well as drum circle leader David Thiaw, Sue Phillips & Co. Boot Scootin’ Boogie and others.
“There is something for everyone, so come out and enjoy Enderby’s salute to the arts,” said Inselberg.
Festival brochures are available now at local businesses, the Courtyard Gallery, Enderby museum and Enderby library.
– 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Lions Pancake Breakfast, Belvedere Street ($5 per person)
– 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Artisan Market, Cliff Avenue and Belvedere Street
– 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Family Fun Zone, Belvidere Park (by the bridge)
– 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Snapshots & Shutterbugs photo contest, Courtyard Gallery, Belvedere Street
– 10:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Silent Art Auction, Belvedere Street
Entertainment stage (Cliff Avenue in front of library):
– 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Transplant
–10:10 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.: Sue Phillips & Co. Boot Scootin’ Boogie
– 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.: David Thiaw drum circle
– 11:30 a.m. to noon: Jeff and Nadine
– Noon to 12:45 p.m.: Linzy and Friends
– 12:45 p.m. to 1:30 p.m: David Thiaw drum circle
– 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Kassandra Harder
– 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Sabrina Weeks & Swing Cat Bounce
Family Fun Zone scheduled events:
– 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Magician Kevin Syvenky
– 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Cartoonist Kevin Adamson