Grapevine: Music in the Park tonight
• Tonight, KSCU Music in the Park presents a performance by Darlene Ketchum. A Delta-based singer influenced by the soul, gospel and funk singers of the 1970s. Vocal freedom combined with rich chords and funky laid-back groove inspire the expression of her heart through song. Admission by donation at the gazebo. Remember a lawn chair. For info, visit trail-arts.com.
• Saturday afternoon, Sunningdale, weather permitting. Seventh-Day Adventist Church going door-to-door to collect canned goods for the Salvation Army food bank.
• Registration now open for the KBRH Health Foundation Golf Classic event on July 18 at Birchbank Golf Course. Registration that day begins at 11 a.m. t-off at 1 p.m. Dinner and prizes to follow. All proceeds to the Critical Care Campaign. For info call Lisa Pasin 364.3424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• July 18, Trail Market on the Esplanade goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Showcase of vendors, good eats and more. Call 368.3144 for info.
• July 19, Birchbank Picnic Grounds, 1 p.m. for the Trail Legion Branch #11’s family picnic. Hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids all day, games, meat draw, 50/50 and more. Barbeque steak dinner at 5:30 p.m. For tickets and info call 231.6562 or 364.1422
• July 20, Royal Theatre at 11:30 a.m for a live broadcast of Monty Python. The five surviving members of Monty Python have succumbed to public demand, and are back on stage for a rip-roaring show, bringing their unique brand of comedy to a new generation of unsuspecting fans.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com