Connect with Us
GRAPEVINE: Roller Girls 'WOW' Saturday night at the Arlington
• Saturday, Arlington Bar & Grill at 6 p.m. for Women on Wheels (WOW) fundraiser. The Rossland Trail Roller Girls roll off the track to bring the community a night to remember. Dinner and dance at 8:30 p.m. to raise funds for season five. No cover, door prizes, draws, 50/50, basket giveaway every half hour and silent auction.
• Saturday, The Trail Bottle Depot will be collecting bottle donations to help fund the purchase of a wheelchair accessible van for Leanne, a local youth suffering from Cerebral Palsy. Bottles can be dropped off at the depot from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. For information or bottle pick up contact Tammy Cox at 368-6975.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall at 1 p.m. for “Seedy Sunday.” Gardeners can buy seeds from Cherry Meadows, Mountain Seed Co.,Salt Spring Seeds and Stellar Seeds. Tables will host seed swapping, bring seeds to sell or trade. Local vendors will have arts, crafts and cuisine for sale. 4 p.,. Dan Jason takes the stage for “Seed Saving: as if our lives depended on it.” 5:30 p.m. Rossland chefs Kim and Brad Robinson prepare veggie curry, $8 plate. 6:30 p.m. “Growing Cities” film explores urban farming. Tickets $5 at the door. For info, contact Sarah Flood, 362.7067 or email email@example.com or Andrew Bennett 521.2500, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Friday, Rossland Miners Hall 9-11 p.m. Iron Mountain Theatre presents Electro Social Club. It's about the beat and the freaks you meet. Invitation to the dance floor where DJ's spin stories and you are the show. Visual, interactive, experience. Visit electrosocialclub.com for info. Tickets $15 in advance atRossVegas Boardshop.
• Tuesday, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. The Grammy-nominated ARC Ensemble (Artists of the Royal Conservatory) perform. Call 368.9669 for info.
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Nebraska. An aging, booze-addled father makes the trip from Montana to Nebraska with his estranged son in order to claim a million-dollar Mega Sweepstakes.Tickets $9 or $40 for the series. Call 364.3003 for info.
• March 28, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7 p.m. for Snowbird: A Tribute to Anne Murray. Tickets $38. Call 364.300 for info.
• March 29, Trail Legion at 5:30 p.m for Country Time. BBQ ribs, country beans and cole slaw. Tickets $8, dance to follow at 7 p.m. with “That Girl & Earl.” For info call Jessie at 364.9911.
• March 30, Sunday Cinema presents Her. A lonely writer purchases a newly developed operating system designed to meet the user's every needs and a romantic relationship develops between him and his operating system.
• March 31, Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. the Irish quintet Caladh Nua (Coll-ah-Noo-Ah, meaning "New Harbour") versatile musicians and singers bring their blend of traditional and contemporary sounds from southeastern counties of Ireland to Trail. Tickets $30.
• March 31, Greater Trail Community Centre, south entrance at 7 p.m. WK Naturalist month-end meeting. Native plants for native pollinators. Free presentation to learn simple ways to enhance pollinator habitat in your garden. Beautiful slides. Refreshments, please bring your own cup. For info call 362.7424.
• April 3, Columbo Lodge 7p.m. for a night with Jim Hole. Jim and his brothers run Holes Greenhouses in St. Albert AB (just outside of Edmonton). His mother, Lois Hole, wrote many books on gardening roses. Donation to food bank requested, call 364.5770 to reserve.
• April 10, Rossland Miners' Hall, Lorne Elliott, a Canadian humorist, storyteller, musician and playright will perform. Tickets $20 advance in Rossland at Out of the Cellar, or in Trail at the Charles Bailey box office. $25 at the door. Part of the Rossland Council of Arts and Culture 2013/2014 Performance Series.
• April 4, St Micheal's Elementary School under the covered entrance area, between 8-10 a.m. The Grade 6 class is having a bottle drive. Please donate bottles and cans that are secured in a garbage bag.
• April 24, Glenmerry Elementary School library at 7 p.m. for the spring Glenmerry Residents Association meeting. Follow up on city projects, Earth Day neighbourhood clean-up plans and RCMP neighbourhood watch.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com