Connect with Us
GRAPEVINE: Crowe variety show on tonight
• Tonight, the J.L. Crowe Annual Variety Show 7 p.m. at the Charles Bailey Theatre. A production by students, featuring students. Tickets $15, $12 with a student coupon at the box office.
• Friday, Muriel Griffiths room at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine's Day to the warm sounds of JazzWest, featuring Melody Diachin, vocal instructor at Selkirk College; saxophonist Clinton Swanson; guitarist Doug Stephenson; and Rob Fahie, bass. Tickets $10 in advance at the box office, $15 at the door. Reserve tables for four or more, call 368.9669.
• Saturday, U.C.W. Trail United Church at Knox Hall from 10 a.m. until noon for a Valentine's Day coffee party and bake table. Admission by donation. Call 368.3984 for info.
• Saturday, Trail Memorial Centre gym for the J.L. Crowe Valentine's Day Dinner and Dance. Cocktails 6 p.m. Dinner 7 p.m. Live band. Designated driver shuttle services provided by A.M. Ford.
• Sunday, performers at Rossland’s Joe Hill Coffee House in the Rossland Miners’ Hall, will be celebrating the songs of the late, great Pete Seeger. Performers on are: The Kidz – Five fine voices, singing songs that Pete wrote and made famous. Kootenay Dance Works: "Bright Lights" , Elyse Vickers; "Rock, Paper, Scissors," Emilia Hofmann, Brynn Streadwick, Brooklyn Donovan; "Ave Maria," Bethany Johnson, Stevie B; Channeling Pete, Vic Buehler: Big voice and a big guitar, like the “Old Man,” Justus Prevails - Keith Park and Ray Scott, making sweet, rhythmic sounds, Kootenay Jack – The working man and his country guitar, closing the show like a pro. Doors open at 6 p.m. ; the show starts at 7 p.m. Admission $3 – kids and students free.
• Monday,VISAC Gallery, Upcoming classes include Clay with Kids; Adult hand building pottery, March 16; and Super Drapey Scarf Feb. 23. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Monday, Kiro Wellness Centre at 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest speaker, Denise Pawlyshyn, registered dental hygienist. For info call, 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Tuesday, the Castlegar/Trail Parkinson Support Group will be meeting at 11:30 a.m. at the Colander. For information phone 250-367-9258.
• Wednesday, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital from 1-3 p.m. The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Seniors' annual Memorial Vigil for "Services Lost" will be held.
• Tickets on sale now for the Italo Canadese Society's Primavera Banquet and Dance on Feb. 22.
• Feb.24, WK Naturalist' month-end meeting will be at the Genelle Hall. The potluck at 5:30 pm will be followed at 7 p.m. with a presentation by Jon Steinman on local and global food systems and security. Those attending the potluck please bring your own plate, cup and cutlery. All welcome. Free. More info call: 250-362-7424.
• Feb. 26, Rossland Miners Hall at 8 p.m. for a performance by the fold trio, The Once. Featuring Geraldine Hollett vocals, and Phil Churchill and Andrew Dale, instrumentalists. A mix of traditional and original material harmonies. Tickets $20 at The Cellar in Rossland or the box office in Trail. Call 368.9969 for info.
• April 3, Columbo Lodge 7p.m. for a night with Jim Hole. Jim and his brothers run Holes Greenhouses in St. Albert AB (just outside of Edmonton). His mother, Lois Hole, wrote many books on gardening roses. Donation to food bank requested, call 364.5770 to reserve.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org