Connect with Us
GRAPEVINE: Crowe Variety Show on stage Feb. 13
• Tickets on sale now for the J.L. Crowe Annual Variety Show, Feb. 13 at the Charles Bailey Theatre. A production by students, featuring students. Tickets $15, $12 with a student coupon at the box office.• Tickets on sale now for the Italo Canadese Society’s Primavera Banquet and Dance on Saturday Feb. 22nd at 419 Rossland Ave. in Trail. Cocktails 5:30 p.m. Five- course Italian dinner 6 p.m. Live music of Time Trap Band. Tickets $33, only in advance by Feb. 15. Call Lina 368.5291 or Maria at 368.3268.
• Saturday, 9:55 a.m. the Royal Theatre presents a Met Opera Live production of Rusalka. The great Renée Fleming returns to one of her signature roles, singing the enchanting “Song to the Moon” in Dvorák’s soulful fairy-tale opera.
• VISAC Gallery, Upcoming classes include Felting for the first time, Feb. 6; Clay with Kids begins Feb. 17; Adult hand building pottery, March 16; and Super Drapey Scarf Feb. 23. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Feb 11, Charles Bailey Theatre the Trail Society of Performing Arts present Joe Sealy and his band. One of the country’s foremost gospel, blues and jazz singers, Jackie Richardson, tells the story of Africville, a small community located in Halifax which was ordered destroyed and the residents evicted to build a bridge across the Bedford Basin. The community is a symbol of African Nova Scotia identity and the struggle against racism.
• Feb. 14, Muriel Griffiths room at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day to the warm sounds of JazzWest, featuring Melody Diachin, vocal instructor at Selkirk College; saxophonist Clinton Swanson; guitarist Doug Stephenson; and Rob Fahie, bass. Tickets $10 in advance at the box office, $15 at the door. Reserve tables for four or more, call 368.9669.
• Feb. 15, U.C.W. Trail United Church at Knox Hall from 10 a.m. until noon for a Valentine’s Day coffee party and bake table. Admission by donation. All welcome. Call 368.3984 for info.
• Feb. 15 Trail Memorial Centre gym for the J.L. Crowe Valentine’s Day Dinner and Dance. Cocktails 6 p.m. Dinner catered by Gord McMartin 7 p.m. Live band.
• Feb. 17, Kiro Wellness Centre at 2 p.m. the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. Guest speaker, Denise Pawlyshyn, registered dental hygienist. For info call, 368.9827 or 365.6276.
• Feb. 26, Rossland Miners Hall at 8 p.m. for a performance by the folk trio, The Once. Featuring Geraldine Hollett vocals, and Phil Churchill and Andrew Dale, instrumentalists. A mix of traditional and original material harmonies. Tickets $20 at The Cellar in Rossland or the box office in Trail. Call 368.9969 for info.
• April 3, Columbo Lodge 7p.m. for a night with Jim Hole. Jim and his brothers run Holes Greenhouses in St. Albert AB (just outside of Edmonton). His mother, Lois Hole, wrote many books on gardening roses. Donation to food bank requested, call 364.5770 to reserve.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com