- BC Games
Connect with Us
GRAPEVINE: TWA hosts annual meeting tonight
• Tonight, Local 480 Hall at 7:30 p.m. for the Trail Wildlife Association’s annual general meeting. Guest speaker, Jakob Dulisse presents Waneta Conservation of Reptiles at Risk. Call Terry at 364.1838 for info, or visit trailwildlife.com
• Friday through Sunday at the Beaver Valley Arena. The Beaver Valley Skating Club hosts 115 figure skaters from the East and West Kootenays for the Kootenay Regional Championships. Events begin Fri. 4-8:15p.m., Sat. 8 a.m. to 7:40 p.m. and Sun. 9 a.m. to 2:25 p.m. For info call Dominic Verhelst at 367.0040
• Sunday, St. Michael’s School gym 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Everyone welcome for a Sundae Social. Free sundaes, live Christian band, student entertainment,
• Tickets on sale now for the Italo Canadese Society’s Primavera Banquet and Dance on Saturday Feb. 22nd at 419 Rossland Ave. in Trail. Cocktails 5:30 p.m. Five- course Italian dinner 6 p.m. Live music of Time Trap Band. Tickets $33, only in advance by Feb. 15. Call Lina 368.5291 or Maria at 368.3268.
• Tickets on sale now for the J.L. Crowe Annual Variety Show, Feb. 13 at the Charles Bailey Theatre. A production by students, featuring students. Tickets $15, $12 with a student coupon at the box office.
• The West Kootenay Camera Club showing its First Annual Travelling Exhibition at Trail Coffee and Tea Co. on Cedar Ave. For more info, visit westkootenaycameraclub.com
• VISAC Gallery showing a Jared Betts collection of abstract paintings and all new works. Regular hours are Mon. to Wed. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thu. and Fri. from 2-6 p.m. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Feb 11, Charles Bailey Theatre the Trail Society of Performing Arts present Joe Sealy and his band. One of the country’s foremost gospel, blues and jazz singers, Jackie Richardson, tells the story of Africville, a small community located in Halifax which was ordered destroyed and the residents evicted to build a bridge across the Bedford Basin.
• Feb. 14, Muriel Griffiths room at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Valentine’s Day to the warm, sensuous sounds of JazzWest, featuring the Selkirk College vocal instructor Melody Diachin, saxophonist Clinton Swanson, guitarist Doug Stephenson and Rob Fahie on bass. Tickets $10 in advance at the box office, $15 at the door. Reserve tables for four or more, call 368.9669.
• Feb. 15 Trail Memorial Centre gym for the J.L. Crowe Valentine’s Day Dinner and Dance. Cocktails 6 p.m. Dinner catered by Gord McMartin 7 p.m. Live band.
To submit email email@example.com