Connect with Us
GRAPEVINE: Bottle drive for 2014 grad class
• Saturday, the JL Crowe Grad 2014 class is holding a bottle drive in Rossland, Trail and Fruitvale (and everywhere in between). Collection is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students request bottles be placed in front of houses that morning.
Friday, Rossland House Concert at 7:30 p.m. an intimate evening with violinist Natasha Hall, pianist Nina Horvath and guest Nicola Everton on clarinet with narrator Bessie Wapp. Featuring Stravinsky’s “The Soldier’s Tale.” Limited tickets. $15. Includes light refreshments. Call Nicola 250.520.0444 for info or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sunday, the Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing All is Lost, starring Robert Redford. Open water thriller about one man’s survival against the elements deep in the Indian Ocean. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• Friday, the VISAC Gallery 6 p.m. to open a Jared Betts collection of abstract paintings and all new works. Regular hours are Mon. to Wed. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thu. and Fri. from 2-6 p.m. Call 364.1181 for info.
• Jan 16, Muriel Griffiths room at the Greater Trail Community Centre 7:30 p.m. for the Nelson-area jazz ensemble, “Joy of Cooking.” The quintet features piano, sax, trumpet, bass and drums. Tickets $10 in advance at the Charles Bailey box office, or $15 at the door. Reserve tables available for four or more. Call 368.9669 for info.
• Jan 18, KP Hall in Trail at 8 p.m. for SwingSationsS, big band dance. Tickets $15. Call 367.6115 for info.
• Jan 20, Kiro Wellness Centre at 2 p.m., the West Kootenay Ostomy Support Group will meet. For info call, 368.9827 or 365.6276. Everyone welcome.
• Jan 23, Local 480 Union Hall from 6-9:30 p.m. for Lisa Frisk from Frisk Esthetics, Cinderella’s Closet. Tickets $5 at Aria Art of Hair includes door prizes a fashion show and live and silent dress auctions. An evening to prepare for prom while saving money.
• Jan. 19 The Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. will show the MET opera production of Falstaff. an admired favourite with critics and musicians because of its brilliant orchestration, scintillating libretto and refined melodic invention. Tickets $24 available at the door.
• Jan. 20 The Royal Theatre at 9:55 a.m. showing the Bolshoi Ballet’s Jewels. This triptych is a tribute to women and to cities of Paris, New York and St. Petersburg. Children $12, adults $24.
• Jan. 30 The Royal Theatre at 7 p.m. when the National Theatre Live will broadcast Coriolanus, Shakespeare’s searing tragedy of political manipulation and revenge.
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com