- BC Games
Connect with Us
Final indoor market Friday
• Today, United Way, Trail and District new location at 855 Farwell Street from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Gift wrapping by donation (min $5) all monies stay in the community. Drop off boxes items. Also gift wrapping Mon. noon until 4 p.m. and Tue-Thu 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
• Friday, Trail Market goes indoors for the last time this year at the Trail Memorial Centre gym from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Artisan vendors, music, good eats and more. Call 368-3144.
• Saturday, Warfield Community Hall from 9-11 a.m., Warfield Recreation invites you for a Breakfast with Santa. Fun activities for the children begins at 9:30 a.m.
• Saturday, The 114th Christmas Bird Count will be held in the Trail-Rossland-Fruitvale area. For more info contact Linda-Rossland at 362-7107 and Shirley-Trail at 364-0339
• Tuesday, the Colander Restaurant at 11:30 the Trail/Castlegar Parkinsons Support Group will be meeting for a Christmas lunch and all are welcome. Lots of new information booklets given out at this meeting. For more info call 367-9258.
• Wednesday, First Presbyterian Church, 1139 Pine Ave. at 5:30 p.m. for the Community Christmas Dinner. Admission by donation as able. Call 368-6066 for info.
• Tonight, Muriel Griffiths room in the Greater Trail Community Centre at 7:30 p.m. for the Clinton Swanson Quartet. The jazz ensemble includes Swanson on sax, drummer Tony Ferraro, guitarist Doug Stephenson and Rob Fahie on acoustic bass. Call Charles Bailey box office or 369-9669 for info.
• Sunday, Rossland Miners Hall doors open 6 p.m. when Joe Hill’s Coffee House lights up December. Admission $3, students and kids free. Performances include Michael Gifford; The Singing Coyotes, seven harmonious females; Kootenay Dance Works including Ali Ferguson dancing “Dream Catcher,” Hollie Arsenault dancing Fields of Gold,” and Bethaney Johnson dancing “Ave Maria”; The Rossland Glee Club, presenting “Tribute to Snow”; Andrew and John Cullen, a father and son duo performing flamenco guitar; Stevie B, singing and strumming; Aaron Andrews singing and playing guitar; Paul Dasti on bass, and Chris Leslie, an award-winning fiddler newly arrived from Nova Scotia.
• VISAC Gallery open for Seasonal Treasures Gift Shoppe, Mon. to Wed. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thu. and Fri. from 2-6 p.m. Fine art and crafts for Christmas gifts. Call 364-1181 for information.
• Dec. 22, , Royal Theatre 4:30 p.m. for Sunday Cinema showing Enough Said. The final film that James Gandolfini starred in before his untmely death, featuring Julia Louis‐Dreyfus as a divorced and single parent, who spends her days enjoying work as a masseuse but dreading her daughter’s impending departure for college. Tickets $9 or $40 for the series.
• Dec. 31, The Colombo Lodge is holding a 2014 New Year’s Eve Party with refreshments and appies at 6:30 pm and five-course Italian dinner at 7:30 pm. Dance to live music by TnT. Everyone welcome. Tickets are $50 per person. For tickets and info, phone Joe 368.6246 or the Lodge at 368.8921.
To submit to the Grapevine email firstname.lastname@example.org