- BC Games
Connect with Us
BC Coroner: Needle, champagne bottles found in Cory Monteith's room
The BC Coroners Service has finished its investigation into the death of actor Cory Monteith (Glee), and concludes he died of a mixed drug toxicity involving intravenous heroin use and alcohol.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in a room at Vancouver's Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel on July 13. The corners service has ruled his death accidental.
"Investigators at the scene found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses," said the final report, led by Coroner Claire Thompson.
"... he had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs. It is noted that if someone has abstained from using opioids (which include heroin) for a period of time, tolerance may be lessened."
The corners report said Monteith was seen by video cameras returning to his room at 2:16 a.m. on the morning of July 13, the same morning he was expected to check out. Monteith had checked into the hotel on July 6.
Final Coroners Report: