PdA Family Day (a day before BC Family Day) explores family ties and nature
Place des Arts in Coquitlam invites families to shake off mid-winter blues with a day of exploration into family history and the beauty of nature at the next Family Day at PdA next month.
This edition of Family Day at PdA features tours of three exhibitions:
• “Shaped by the Past,” multiple media by ARTforce Collective;
• “Tribute to Arts,” oil on canvas by Nino Dobrosavljevic;
• and “Capturing the Vibrancy of Nature,” multiple media by the Passionate Outdoor Painters (continuing from PdA’s January exhibitions).
Participants can then choose from a variety of all-ages, drop-in style workshops based on the artworks they’ve seen, including:
• Family Collages with Joy Hanser of ARTforce Collective — participants are encouraged to bring photocopies of family photographs for this project;
• Artist Talk and Tour of “Tribute to Arts” exhibit with Nino Dobrosavljevic;
• Nature Printing using parts of plants to print a unique piece of artwork that reflects the beauty of our local surroundings.
As a bonus, Family Day at PdA attendees can participate in a public weaving session for the centre’s ongoing Social Fabric Project. Visitors are encouraged to bring a special “thread” to weave into Place des Arts’ 40th anniversary tapestry.
Family Day at PdA, which runs from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10, is an opportunity for people of all ages to learn more about art and engage in creative activities inspired by the gallery exhibitions at the centre in a fun and relaxed environment.
Admission is by donation. Reservations are recommended and may be made by calling 604-664-1636 or registering online at www.placedeasarts.ca.