Sunday series presents Bessie Wapp Quartet
Our online calendar at traildailytimes.ca is ready for use. The calendar requires no login or password, and the form to submit an item is easy to use. You can designate where you wish the calendar item to appear within the Black Press B.C. family of websites. It’s free, of course. There’s even a spot for an image, say a rehearsal photo from a high school play.
• Sunday, The Kootenay Gallery at 1:30 p.m. TD Bank Sunday Concert Series presents the Bessie Wapp Quartet. Bessie’s voice and dynamic accordion playing will be accompanied by: Craig Korth, banjo and mandolin; Holly Hyatt, vocals and acoustic bass; and Clinton Swanson, saxophone. $15 general admission. Contact 365-3337 or kootenaygallery.com for more info.
•Tuesday, The Charles Bailey Theatre at 7:30 p.m. The Luis Mario Ochoa Cuban Quintet. Renowned for virtuosity and incredible musicianship. Features music ranging from rumba to samba, bolero to waltz. $60 reg $55 senior, half season $30 single seat
• Sunday Cinema at the Royal Theatre presents A Royal Affair. A true story about an ordinary man who wins the queen’s heart. All shows at 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. $9.00 per show/$40.00 for the series.
• Tonight, Rossland-Trail Homeschooling Group Meet & Greet; Rossland Public Library, 6:30-8:00pm. All current homeschoolers or those interested are welcome as we plan our 2013 activities.
•Saturday, Beaver Valley Lanes hosts the Fruitvale Variety Winter Carnival from 11-2 p.m. Money raised goes to Variety-the Children’s Charity. Street bowling, shots on goalie, face painting, music, lots of food and more.
• Monday, Selkirk College, Castlegar campus at 8 p.m. WK Naturalist month-end presentation: a photo tour of the Galapagos Islands, by birders Ed and Hazel Beynon. Free, all welcome. More info: 362-7424.
• Monday, the West Kootenay EcoSociety will charter a bus to the Enbridge hearing in Kelowna. One-day trip to show opposition to the Enbridge pipeline. The bus will leave Nelson at 6 a.m. and will stop in Castlegar and Grand Forks. Cost is $30 each. For more info call 354-1909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Feb. 1 at 6 p.m. The VISAC Gallery in Trail presents an art exhibit by Dr Velen Fanderlik. Lino prints and original blocks created by this lifetime honorary member of the Trail Art Club. Exhibit runs until Mar. 25. Located 1501 Cedar Ave. in Trail, admission by donation.
• Friday, Feb. 8, Senior’s dinner at the Fruitvale Memorial Hall. Cocktails at 5 p.m. dinner at 6 p.m. Buffet dinner catered by ˙Chef for Hire”. Dance to the Rusty Nails. Tickets available at the Village of Fruitvale and Village of Montrose offices. $20 per person. Please purchase your tickets by Feb. 1. Call 367-9319 for more information or to reserve your table.
•Feb. 9, Cominco gym at 6 p.m. The 2013 J.L. Crowe grad class hosts the annual Valentine Dinner, Dance and Fun Night. Games, prizes and a delicious Italian dinner make for a great evening of fun and cheer. Cocktails and appetizers at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m., and dance to the music of Emerson at 9 p.m. Tickets are $35 and available at Pharmasave in Trail and Fruitvale Pharmacy.
• Saturday Feb. 16, the Italo-Canadese Society’s Valentine banquet and dance. Cocktails 5:30 Dinner 6:00, Tickets $32. Dance to the music of Timetrap. Advance tickets at 368-3268 or 368-529. Door Prize Draw
To submit to the Grapevine email email@example.com