Arts in Brief: Colin James coming to Butchart Gardens
Summer Music Sundays
• Eine Kleine Summer Music Sunday, June 22 and 29 at 2:30 p.m. at First Unitarian Church (5575 West Saanich Rd.)
June 22 features The world renowned Alcan String Quartet.
June 29 features Pianist Sarah Hagen and cellist Ariel Barnes of Vancouver’s Vetta Ensemble. Tickets $25 and $20, available from Raincoast, 250-413-3134. More information at www.eksm.ca.
• The first fireworks show of the season at Butchart Gardens happens Saturday, June 28 at 10:15 p.m. Visit www.butchartgardens.com for more information.
Rockin’ summer camp
• Summer Rocks summer camp at the Winspear Centre in partnership with the Peninsula Academy of Music Arts. This camp is for youth aged 12 to 18 and caters to all instruments. Runs July 21 to 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a Saturday matinee performance. Learn new songs, how to write music, how to lead a band, play a solo, sing harmonies and more. Cost is $275 per person per week and registration deadline is July 18. Call 250-656-0275 or visit www.marywinspear.ca for more information.
• The Mary Winspear Centre and Mountain Dream Productions presents a singing, acting and dancing Musical Extravaganza July 7 to 18 (Monday to Friday) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This full day summer program is an action packed, fun filled two weeks. Young performers ages 9 to 18 will learn all about acting, singing and dancing during this camp which culminates with a full musical production on July 19 at 7 p.m. Call 250-656-0275 or visit www.marywinspear.ca or www.mountaindreamproductions.ca for more information.
• Butchart Gardens presents Colin James Friday, July 11 at 8 p.m. For tickets visit www.colinjames.com.
• Butchart Gardens presents Pink Martini Monday, August 18 at 7:30 p.m. Visit www.butchartgardens.com for tickets.