- BC Games
Connect with Us
Plenty of info on baby's first two years
Having a baby is a challenging, rewarding and educating experience.
And Coquitlam’s Place Maillardville community centre is aiming to help parents with Baby’s First Two Years, a free drop-in program for expectant parents, new parents and grandparents of babies up to 24 months. Participants will learn from guest speakers and enjoy support, conversation and validation in a comfortable and relaxed environment — and babies are welcome.
The program, supported by the United Way of the Lower Mainland and the Ministry for Children and Family Development, runs on nine consecutive Fridays from April 25 to June 20, 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Heritage Room at Place Maillardville, 1200 Cartier Ave.
The roster of speakers includes:
• April 25: Lucy De Pieri of Serenity/Homeopathic Clinic, on homeopathic medicine;
• May 2: Marie Perkins, Expert Mobile Fitness, on postpartum fitness;
• May 9: Dr. Gil Desaulniers of the National Wellness Foundation, on “raising super kids;”
• May 16: Annie Anderson, infant sleep consultant, on sleep;
• May 23: Christine Baron, lawyer, on estates and wills;
• May 30: Birgit Giesser, music therapist and accredited music educator, on music and babies;
• June 6: Linda Moon, dental hygienist with Fraser Health, on dental health;
• June 13: Kimberley Lowes, BCAA Child Safety and Passenger Program, on car seat education;
• and June 20: season-ending potluck and social.
For more information, visit www.placemaillardville.ca.