Connect with Us
Board members sought for city charities
Want to Volunteer? Opportunities are available through these positions at Volunteer Victoria. For more information, please call 250-386-2269 or go online to VolunteerVictoria.bc.ca.
• Learning Through Loss which delivers grief and loss education to young people is seeking two-year board members to assist in grant and fund development. Call Volunteer Victoria at 250-386-2269.
• Junior Achievement is seeking facilitators for one or more four-hour high school visits to teach investment strategies and financial literacy skills. Training provided. Other positions available.
• Innovative Communities which is involved with poverty alleviation overseas needs a web editor to produce content for its website. Requires ability to explain complex issues in a readable manner.
• James Bay Community Project is looking for an Italian-speaking volunteer to provide companionship and conversation with a senior for about one hour per week. Other positions available.
• The Canadian Mental Health Association is seeking a board treasurer with knowledge of professional accounting norms to liaise with the accounting administrator.
• The Island Artisans Association would appreciate a volunteer with proficiency in QuickBooks to assist the treasurer with skill development for a short time.