Connect with Us
Immigrant job help
Are you a newcomer to Canada? Are you interested in connecting your skills to the Canadian workplace?
Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSBC) is hosting a free session on Monday on Skills Connect for Immigrants at its ELSA office, 136-3030 Lincoln Ave., Coquitlam, Room 103.
You may qualify for the Feb. 24 program if you:
• have been in Canada for less than five years and are a permanent resident;
• are unemployed or underemployed (working outside of your field or at a lower level);
• are eager to learn and motivated to build your career in Canada;
• have a clear and reasonable job target;
• can speak at an intermediate to advanced level of English;
At a session, you can learn about Skills Connect, an initiative that helps ease the transition of skilled immigrants into the Canadian workforce. The presentation starts at 2 p.m., followed by eligibility screening.
You must pre-register; call 604-684-2561, Ext. 2123 or email email@example.com.