- BC Games
Connect with Us
Boys & Girls Clubs raise $15,000
The Boys & Girls Clubs in the Comox Valley raised just over $15,000 from the Odlum Brown Christmas Village silent auction.
People in the Comox Valley created eye-catching gingerbread houses and creative teddy bears — 83 items combined — that were displayed, then auctioned Dec. 16 at the Crown Isle resort and Golf community.
1. It Takes a Village by Mrs. Buchanan's kindergarten/Grade 1 Montessori class at Queneesh Elementary School.
2. Last Train on Christmas Eve by Ella, 4, and Graydon, 2, Engisch.
3. Brooklyn Bears Olympics by Mrs. Green's Grade 3 class & Mrs. Heselgrave's Grade 5 class.
1. It Takes a Village by Colleen and Renee Clark — The FORCE Society for Kids' Mental Health.
2. Snowmansion by Sophie Smith, 11. All four judges unanimously awarded second place, thinking it was created by an adult.
3. U-Cut Christmas Trees by the West family.
1. Baybrook House by Coast Realty Group and Gower Design Group Inc., an exact replica of the Mack Laing property, now displayed at the Comox Valley Airport.
2. Santa's Workshop by Alaia Fayad from the Kingfisher Resort and Spa.
3. Gingy is on the Naughty List by Cakebread Artisan Bakery.
1. Capt. Kyle Love and Steward Kelly Love by Team WestJet YQQ.
2. Pink Melody by Aimee and Jeff Webster at Motif Music.
3. T-Bear, his Comfy Chair and Jump Start by Ryan Keim and Home Depot.
People's Choice Award Gingerbread House
It Takes a Village by Montessori kindergarten/Grade 1 at Queneesh Elementary School.
People's Choice Award Teddy Bear
19 Wing Air Force Bear — Capt. Skyler McCloud by Comox Military Family Resource Centre Youth Services.
All proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs in the Comox Valley that, according to their mission statement, provide "experiential learning environments that inspire children and youth and families of diverse abilities to acquire and develop the critical cognitive, emotional, and social skills needed to become resilient and contributing members of society."
— Boys & Girls Clubs in the Comox Valley