- BC Games
Connect with Us
Check out the light list or send us your info
View CHRISTMAS LIGHT LIST in a larger map
As we have in previous years, The Tri-City News is printing a list of large light displays in the Tri-Cities for Christmas. To add your home to The Tri-City News' list, send your name and address along with details of your display (how many lights, special displays, hours and days of operation and any charities for which you’re collecting) to email@example.com. As well, check out this story online for a map of local light displays.
• 927 Lillian St.: Thousands of twinkling lights, polar bears, penguins, Santa, shivering snowman, horse and carriage, trees, reindeer, snowflakes, presents and more. Open daily until Jan. 2 from 4:30 to 11 p.m.
• Cable Court: All 20 houses on the cul-de-sac are lit up for Christmas — some a little and some a lot. (Access Cable Court off Dewdney Trunk Road, turning on Buoy Drive.)
• 2988 Forestridge Place: The Bilesky family display features lots of lights and yard decorations from Disney characters, wise men and angels to a herd of grazing reindeer on the rooftop. Santa appears out of the chimney and there is a photo area where you can take your picture with a life-size Santa. Lights are on daily until Jan. 2 from 6 to 10 p.m. Donations are accepted for Variety — The Children's Charity
• 545 Sunset Ave.: This house has two eight-foot trees that dance to music, 2,000 lights on the roof, a candy stick fence and much more — 15,500 lights in all. Display is open daily from 5 to 10:30 p.m.
• 678 Folsom St.: The Magic of Lights lives here — and has for years, viewed each year by thousands of people. Roof-top graphic display screen, 27-foot-wide with 22,000 LED lights; planters have large wire-framed trees that show the magic of lights. Santa herding reindeer moving thought the air — 50,000 plus lights programmed, twinkling and dancing moving in patterns; all controlled by hundreds of microprocessors and computers; 36 panel displays and more. Check it out on YouTube by searching 678 Folsom Street.
• 1417 Garibaldi Pl.: John and Trudy invite you to enjoy their homemade Christmas for the 32nd year. More than 100 hand-painted display pieces on the house and in the yard. Two themes: traditional Christmas with manger scene, shepherds, wise men and angels; plus contemporary Christmas with Santa, reindeer, toy trains, nutcrackers and singing snowmen — all lit up with more than 4,000 lights. Display is open daily from 4:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• 646 Claremont St.: Head up the driveway for the best view — you'll see: a complete nativity, baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph, shepherds and the three wise men, plus Santa and Mrs. Claus, reindeer, Christmas trees and more. As well, lights — there are more than 7,000 — are set to music. Display is open daily from 5 to 10 p.m. Donations accepted for the Knights of Columbus Charities.
• 3313 Rae St.: More than 100,000 lights plus ground displays synchronized to music plus a decorated 70-foot tree. Lights will be on Sunday to Thursday, 5 to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 5 to 11 p.m. Contributions to the food bank will be gratefully accepted. The homeowners request that, as a courtesy to their neighbours, visitors don't block or turn around in driveways.
• 1228 Oriole Pl.: Lights are set to music, and the display includes snowmen, Santa Claus and his elves. Display is open from 5 to 10 p.m. each day.