Connect with Us
Maple Ridge Community Foundation hands out grants
The Maple Ridge Community Foundation issued grants totaling $16,000 to nine local organizations last week for projects meant to improve people’s quality of life.
The grant program is made possible by donations to the community fund and the George Mussallem Youth Fund.
• School district No. 42, $2,000 for high school breakfast program;
• Ridge Meadows Youth Advocacy, $2,500;
• Three Rivers Area Scouts Group, $1,500 for supporting youth in need to join the program;
• Ridge Meadows Hospice Society, $2,600 for program expansion;
• Alouette Addictions Services, $500;
• Ridge Meadows Seniors Society, $2,000, for cafeteria serving counter upgrade;
• Friends in Need Food Bank, $2,000 for warehouse equipment;
• CEED Centre Society, $1,900 for kitchen installation;
• Fraser River All Nations Aboriginal Society, $1,000.