- BC Games
Connect with Us
Nominees wanted for community awards
It's that time of year again when everyone in our community has the opportunity and privilege of recognizing an individual or business for the contributions they have made to our community.
There are so many businesses and people in this Valley who do much to ensure the vibrancy and health of our community. Look around you, that person could be sitting right beside you.
Is it the business that phones when your favourite item is in? Is it the sales clerk who knows your name and greets everyone with a smile and a helping hand?
Those are just a few examples of the businesses and individuals who make supporting local a valuable experience. Think about who stands out in your day to day life and nominate them.
The 2013 award categories are:
• Agricultural Business of the Year - Sponsored by MNP LLP;
• Business of the Year Award - Sponsored by Thrifty Foods;
• Citizen of the Year - Sponsored by Canadian Tire;
• Customer Service Award - Sponsored by Speedy Glass;
• New Business of the Year - Sponsored by Presley & Partners;
• Heritage Recognition Award - Sponsored by Vancouver Island InsuranceCentres;
• Professional Merit Award - Sponsored by First Insurance;
• Small Business of the Year Award - Sponsored by Glacierview Financial;
• Young Entrepreneur Award - Sponsored by Wedler Engineering;
• Youth Leadership Award - Sponsored by Manatee Holdings;
• Presidents Merit Award - Sponsored by North Island College.
Nomination forms, award criteria and more information can be found at www.comoxvalleychamber.com under Annual Community Awards. Nominees (or their businesses) do not have to be Chamber members to qualify for awards.
The award recipients will be revealed at the annual awards gala Jan. 25 at the Florence Filberg Centre in Courtenay.
— Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce