- BC Games
Connect with Us
Smoking kiln evacuated school
A smoking kiln gave the students an extra day off school today.
Some student pottery was being fired in a kiln at Millstream elementary school, Oct. 8 and began to smoke heavily.
"The kiln is fine, but it must have been something in the kiln," said principal Julia Sahota. "Pottery can get quit toxic."
The fire alarm went off and the school was evacuated around 10 a.m. The 204 children played on the playground and then boarded four school buses to the Langford Legion where their parents came and picked them up.
Downs Construction was at the school with large fans to clear the smoke out and school.The school was closed the following day and is set to open for regular classes, Thursday, Oct. 10.