- BC Games
Connect with Us
Top 13 West Shore winners celebrated at Chamber awards
WestShore Chamber of Commerce recognized West Shore businesses and individuals at its annual awards ceremony, Sept. 27 at the Royal Colwood Golf Course.
The award winners were determined by the public who nominated their favourite businesses and individuals who are contributing to a better quality of life for people on the West Shore. More than 200 nominations were collected during the two months prior to the awards.
Of the winners was View Royal fire Chief Paul Hurst who netted the Civic Leadership Award and Sylvia Ratcliff who was honoured with Local Community Stalwart. Ratcliff also earned the award for Business of the Year Award with two to 19 employees.
WestShore Chamber of Commerce 13 awards recipients
- Community Service Award: Nicole Donaldson, Open Hearts Companion Services
- Healthy Communities Award: The User-Friendly Trails Initiative
- Environmental Stewardship Award: Kristy Martin, Farley Martin Notaries Public
- Civic Leadership Award: View Royal Fire Chief Paul Hurst
- Outstanding Customer Service Award: Sante Spa
- Resilience Award: The Caprice Showcase Theatre
- New Business Excellence: Melanie Leeder, Follow the Leeder Bootcamp
- Young Entrepreneur Award: Jessica Salema, Cabello Salon
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year: Pacific Centre Family Services Association
- Employee of the Year: Jordan Ray, Bear Mountain Golf Resort
- Business of the Year (Individual): Tina Barabonoff, Platinum Floral Designs
- Business of the Year (2 to 19 Employees): The Cloth Castle
- Business of the Year (20+ Employees): My-Chosen Cafe.