Connect with Us
Join Transition Town Comox Valley
Food is at the core of a successful transition. To fuel all our amazing ideas and elevate them into action, we need a sustainable, healthy and secure food source.
Join Transition Town Comox Valley to learn about some existing and new initiatives from local food champions and discuss how to further support these works, or start an initiative of your own.
The next meeting will be held Feb. 27 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Joe's Garage in downtown Courtenay.
The first half of the evening will be dedicated to learning about initiatives such as:
• The emerging Food Round Table for the Valley;
• What tools are available for promoting food production as a business opportunity within urban areas;
• Sustainable vegetarian protein in our Valley — Hemp Hearts;
• The value of the local seed bank, and why it needs your support;
• Does your garden need a little consultation advice? Experts are here to help.
The second half of the evening will allow for small group work.
If you have ideas you've been wanting to test on others, or just want to learn more, this meeting will be for you.
If there is interest, Transition Town Comox Valley will hold another food network blitz at a future meeting.
Transition Towns are a worldwide movement, and community-led initiative, to prepare individuals and communities for a world with less fossil energy, a changing climate and decreased economic security, which may be viewed as longer-term emergencies. A $3 donation is recommended to cover the cost of the venue.
For more information, visit www.transitiontowncv.org or call 250-898-9045.
— Transition Town Comox Valley