Community Papers

Wear your pajamas to work or school

The Abbotsford Hospice Society is partnering with Laurie Mossey, founder of the Pajama Project, for an event on Friday, Dec. 21.

For a minimum $2 donation, participants can register with their school or employer to wear their best pajamas to work that day.

All profits will go to Mossey’s project, which supports grieving moms by delivering a pair of pajamas, along with a grief resource package.

AHS is involved because it offers grief support services.

The Abbotsford school district signed on, as have many local businesses.

Mossey is the mom of Tyler Miller, who died a year ago at the age of 20 after consuming the drug ecstasy.

She was inspired to start the Pajama Project because she had received a pair of pajamas after Tyler’s death from a mom who had lost her baby girl.

The pj’s brought comfort during the days when the emotional pain was so intense she just wanted to stay in bed.

To participate in “Wear Your Pajamas to Work or School Day,” call Kelly or Karley at 604-852-2456. Direct donations can be made at that number or online at abbotsfordhospice.org.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Green MLA Weaver to seek leadership
 
DeHart: New retail pharmacy all about living healthy lifestyle
 
Lake Country Food Bank project wins $100,000 contest
UBCO Master of Science in Nursing program revised
 
Women well represented as Liberal candidates in upcoming federal election in the Okanagan
 
Annual Wine and Dine Thompson-Okanagan event kicks off
Lake Country school trustee Deb Butler says school district should take more time on catchment issue
 
Wolf kill last hope for BC caribou herds
 
More than half of tested homes in Castlegar exceed radon threshold